fcb1010 expression pedal data type
I am new here and fairly new to max (1 month down so far!).
I have read about a lot of people on the forum with the fcb1010 by behringer and I am borrowing one at the moment to work on a project. I have set all the channels right and everything and made sure the expression pedals are enabled, yet no object that I have used in max can pick up the midi data sent by the expression pedals. Does anyone know what type of object I would need to read the data? I tried ctlin and also rtin and midiin just to see what was coming to my computer, but those showed no data..
THe other pedals on the controller work fine, though.
Try the MIDITester patch that can be found in the Extras menu. It is
quite nice for figuring out what kind of midi information you receive.
I got a fcb1010 – all excited to us it. All the pedals worked except for the expression pedals. Returned my fcb1010, waited 3 weeks – got a new one and still no expression data.
Called up Behringer directly and finally found out what was wrong. You need to calibrate the expression pedal before it will work.
Not sure how they can ship a product that does not work out of the box and makes no mention of how to make it work in its instruction manual either.
Once you follow their calibration process it works great. Can’t find the directions right now but you can easily get them from Behringer.
read the fcb1010in manual. sorry to state the obvious, but I’ve got one
of those pedals (I’ve lent it to someone else so can’t talk specifics)
and had a similar problem until I worked out that I hadn’t enabled the
expression pedals on the unit itself. I don’t find the way behringer
has designed the unit particularly satisfying – the expression pedals
don’t output when a footpedals pressed down for instance. if the
[midiin] objects not outputting anything when you move the pedal the
pedals not set up right.
Sorry for my late reply, I have been out of town for the week.
I finally got it working! It turns out that there are TWO ways of calibrating the pedals! How ridiculous! In any case, I had done one and not the other. Then I used the MIDI Tester patch to see what data type was coming in. Thank you all very much for your help!