Forums > MaxMSP

[Feature request] Alignment on comments

July 28, 2010 | 11:46 am

Hi cycling,

It would be awesome if you could add some alignment features to the comments (left, right, center) Just the basics…
The interface making is a lot better than before, but the comments positioning is still very time consuming, and this feature would really improve it.

Is it something you plan on adding or not at all?

Thanks for your time

G

July 28, 2010 | 1:35 pm

I use Ctrl+Shift+A to align objects. Also try turning on snap to grid.

July 28, 2010 | 1:51 pm

he means aligning the letters to the object.

"align right" would be nice indeed.

July 28, 2010 | 2:38 pm

Yes, I mean the "text alignment" feature you can find in the textbutton object for instance.

I’m trying to implement software localization in Max and I would like the titles, labels, comments to be aligned properly whatever the language.

July 28, 2010 | 4:49 pm

+1

though using a transparent textbutton is nearly as easy.

How are you implementing the language localization? I’m thinking about this too, especially for the popup hints. Was thinking about using multiple [colls], one for each language, might be the easiest way. Also, any hints about using non-English characters/symbols (like accent marks)?

July 29, 2010 | 4:22 am

Try this jsui as a possible alternative to [comment]

http://www.loadbang.net/space/Software/TextBrick

July 29, 2010 | 7:38 am

Yes textbrick jsui is an alternative. But isn’t it much more CPU consuming than a good old native Max object?
The difference could be significant in pretty big patchers.

About localization, multiple [colls] seems the best way to me too. Every localizable object has a scripting name And I use a small scripting mechanism using sendbox to change the comments. It could be extended to other properties of the object (like the hint for example)

About the accents-marks, I experienced no problems at all using them since Max5 (don’t talk to me about Max 4.6 on this subject!…)

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

July 29, 2010 | 8:08 am

Yes textbrick jsui is an alternative. But isn’t it much more CPU consuming than a good old native Max object?
The difference could be significant in pretty big patchers.

don’t… even…

July 29, 2010 | 11:30 am

???

July 29, 2010 | 2:13 pm

anything but this again. http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=15133

July 30, 2010 | 8:37 am

Indeed! I’m not here to start another ten pages debate…

August 13, 2010 | 9:38 am

The problem of the textbrick jsui (and with jsui in general) is that you can’t get a transparent background.

Too bad

I’ll just stick to uncentered comments for the moment

Thanks anyway

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)