I’ve been working on a patch I was commissioned to create for a VJ. He’s not a great Max-er so he sent me a template GUI with no patching and I put the various bits and bobs together.
It was a couple hours in when I realised that I what I’d thought were [flonum] boxes in his original patch were actually [number] boxes! And I’d already duplicated and individually named 42 of them for [pattrstorage]!
Needless to say the air turned blue, because there was no way in Max of replacing these objects with very similar ones without losing their attributes i.e. scripting name and colour. Luckily I thought to open it up in a text editor and use find and replace to turn them all into [flonum]s, but it would have been nice to be able to do this natively in Max.