Feature request — selecting all objects of a particular class

Mar 17, 2007 at 8:56pm

Feature request — selecting all objects of a particular class

Maybe there’s a way to do this, but I’m unaware of it. Would be pretty handy in certain situations. Maybe select one of the objects in question (like a bang or toggle) and then a menu item for Select All of Class. Would help a lot with Paste-Replace commands.

Doesn’t seem like it would be too tough to implement, but what do I know…

Seeing what the Max Toolbox can do, maybe there’s a way to do it in javascript.

–CJ

Mar 17, 2007 at 11:44pm

Mar 19, 2007 at 6:06pm

That’s a good idea, I haven’t used the text editing very much, though it certainly came in handy when I had a patch that was crashing right when it opened (a stack overflow buried in a subpatch). It made me realize that the only way this could happen on startup was thru a loadbang / loadmess… that your patches never do anything until you tell them to. ;) Got that loadbang out from the text file and I was saved.

I guess I was hoping for a way to stay in the graphical editor and select all of (say) message boxes, panels, etc. Especially for changing something like the horiz. size, color, or fontsize, etc., you could just drag-grow them all at once. Particularly for the fontsize-is-different-on-different-platforms issue, I find myself needing to stretch most boxes a bit at the end of making a patch to give them the right amount of space to avoid wrapping to another line. This issue also makes Auto Fix Width less useful in the long run, though it’s nice while one’s building.

-CJ

Mar 19, 2007 at 6:16pm

On 19 mars 07, at 19:06, Seejay James wrote:

> That’s a good idea, I haven’t used the text editing very much,
> though it certainly came in handy when I had a patch that was
> crashing right when it opened (a stack overflow buried in a
> subpatch). It made me realize that the only way this could happen
> on startup was thru a loadbang / loadmess… that your patches
> never do anything until you tell them to. ;) Got that loadbang
> out from the text file and I was saved.

command+shift (ctrl+shift on windows) when you open the patch disable
the loadbang too.

ej

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.