Forums > MaxMSP

feature request: shortcut for Paste Replace

October 12, 2006 | 2:57 pm

..I use it very often

Btw, is there a ‘registered requests’ page? That would be awesome. Cycling would be the first to have it though..

Cheers,
Mattijs


October 12, 2006 | 4:31 pm

if you’re on OS X, the Terminal script that come with
the Ejies installs one (I also use it a lot !),
cheers
Roger

— Mattijs Kneppers wrote:

>
> ..I use it very often
>
> Btw, is there a ‘registered requests’ page? That
> would be awesome. Cycling would be the first to have
> it though..
>
> Cheers,
> Mattijs
> –
> http://www.samplemadness.nl/smadsteck
> SmadSteck – Interactive audiovisual sampling soft-
> and hardware
>


October 12, 2006 | 4:57 pm

On 12 Oct 2006, at 18:31, ROGER CARRUTHERS wrote:

> if you’re on OS X, the Terminal script that come with
> the Ejies installs one (I also use it a lot !),
> cheers
> Roger

if you are on osx, you can define your own shortcuts easily in system
preferences.
(see ‘keyboard & mouse’ and scroll down to ‘application keyboard
shortcuts’).
i use cmd-shft-v for paste replace…
volker.

>
> — Mattijs Kneppers wrote:
>
>>
>> ..I use it very often
>>
>> Btw, is there a ‘registered requests’ page? That
>> would be awesome. Cycling would be the first to have
>> it though..
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mattijs
>> –



jln
October 12, 2006 | 4:58 pm


October 12, 2006 | 5:03 pm

If you are on OS X, you can set it yourself in the Keyboard panel of
system preferences.

ROGER CARRUTHERS wrote:
> if you’re on OS X, the Terminal script that come with
> the Ejies installs one (I also use it a lot !),
> cheers
> Roger
>
> — Mattijs Kneppers wrote:
>
>> ..I use it very often
>>
>> Btw, is there a ‘registered requests’ page? That
>> would be awesome. Cycling would be the first to have
>> it though..
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mattijs
>> –
>> http://www.samplemadness.nl/smadsteck
>> SmadSteck – Interactive audiovisual sampling soft-
>> and hardware
>>
>
>


barry threw :: sound | (if you would see the stars clearly,
http://www.barrythrew.com | look hard at the surrounding darkness)
bthrew(at)gmail(dot)com | -Ooka Makoto
857-544-3967 |


October 12, 2006 | 5:07 pm

Aaight, thanks!!

Mattijs


October 12, 2006 | 5:16 pm

On 12 oct. 06, at 18:58, jln wrote:

> Anyway, if you’re on OS X you should be able to do it via "Pref
> Syst. > Mouse and Keyboard".

It’s exactly what the ejies does!

ej


October 12, 2006 | 5:47 pm

Actually, I’ve just checked, and it doesn’t!
Or at least it doesn’t for me any more. I realised
that I didn’t have the additional short cuts, so i ran
the script & restarted Max a couple of times, but no
short-cuts :-(
I /think/ this may be since i upgraded to 4.6.2,
because I’m sure they were there before, so can anyone
comment on this ? How will I live without
n for ‘new from clipboard’ …?!
cheers
Roger

— ROGER CARRUTHERS
wrote:

> if you’re on OS X, the Terminal script that come
> with
> the Ejies installs one (I also use it a lot !),
> cheers
> Roger
>
> — Mattijs Kneppers
> wrote:
>
> >
> > ..I use it very often
> >
> > Btw, is there a ‘registered requests’ page? That
> > would be awesome. Cycling would be the first to
> have
> > it though..
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Mattijs
> > –
> > http://www.samplemadness.nl/smadsteck
> > SmadSteck – Interactive audiovisual sampling soft-
> > and hardware
> >
>
>


October 12, 2006 | 5:51 pm

On Oct 12, 2006, at 9:57 AM, vb wrote:

> if you are on osx, you can define your own shortcuts easily in
> system preferences.
> (see ‘keyboard & mouse’ and scroll down to ‘application keyboard
> shortcuts’).
> i use cmd-shft-v for paste replace…

Man, I love this list.



jln
October 12, 2006 | 10:47 pm



f.e
October 13, 2006 | 9:14 am


October 13, 2006 | 9:25 am


October 13, 2006 | 9:40 am



f.e
October 13, 2006 | 9:43 am


October 13, 2006 | 10:29 am

On 13 oct. 06, at 11:40, Trond Lossius wrote:

> For your comfort I might add that these shortcuts seems to work
> very badly with a Norwegian keyboard layout. I have tried
> installing Emmanuels’ script a few times, but it makes Max
> extremely unstable (seldom stays up for more than a few minutes
> before crashing).

I can even imagine why this could cause any trouble. Sorry for the
silly question but, are you sure it’s only related to the shortcuts
script? In any case, to my defense, it’s Apple’s fault :-)

ej


October 13, 2006 | 10:43 am

13/10/06, kl. 11:43 +0200 , skrev f.e:

>It’s a dull era for Mac users but it’s amusing you all
>feel like us for a short moment :-). My gang members all bought brand
>new MacBook without listening to me, now we’re stuck for a time…
Ooooo – really dull. But hey, they could boot in Windows and get the
real experience, no?
;-)
Jakob

——————————————————-
‘Kvarnen’: open call for works, autumn 2006.
-> http://ssshhhhh.dk/kvarnen/
-> http://www.ssshhhhh.dk/kvarnen/kvarneninfoframe.html
——————————————————-


October 13, 2006 | 11:54 am

Or even better (though I somehow dobt that this will
work with Max), there is this:
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/
which supposedly allows you to use Windows apps on an
Intel Mac, without having to endure the awful trauma
of booting into Windows… :-D
cheers
Roger

— Jakob Riis

wrote:

> 13/10/06, kl. 11:43 +0200 , skrev f.e:
>
> >It’s a dull era for Mac users but it’s amusing you
> all
> >feel like us for a short moment :-). My gang
> members all bought brand
> >new MacBook without listening to me, now we’re
> stuck for a time…
> Ooooo – really dull. But hey, they could boot in
> Windows and get the
> real experience, no?
> ;-)
> Jakob
>
>
>
>
>
——————————————————-
> ‘Kvarnen’: open call for works, autumn 2006.
> -> http://ssshhhhh.dk/kvarnen/
> ->
> http://www.ssshhhhh.dk/kvarnen/kvarneninfoframe.html
>
——————————————————-
>
>
>


October 13, 2006 | 7:04 pm

On 13-okt-2006, at 9:14, f.e wrote:

> Sorry, but i’ll be very angry : is there other features we don’t
> know that are only available for Mac ? Customizing shortcuts is the
> very basis of a every good software and i wonder why c74 never done
> this for WINDOWS if they made it for that god damn macintosh !? We
> all want this Paste Replace shortcut (it’s not the first time it’s
> been asked on the list) and we all, windows users, want
> customizable shortcuts for *ALL*. From now, i’ll start to set up
> the Syndicate of the Windows Maxers. Enough is enough. Beware.
>
> f.e
>

Customising shortcuts on the mac is a facility of the operating
system, not of a particular application.
It applies to all applications that run on the mac and that use a
particular GUI library.
Cycling cannot help that Apple has built in this facility into the
GUI code.

Are you sure that there is no equivalent facility in Microsoft
Windows XP?

-jennek



jln
October 14, 2006 | 9:10 am


October 14, 2006 | 9:55 pm

f.e wrote:
> Sorry, but i’ll be very angry : is there other features we don’t know
> that are only available for Mac ? Customizing shortcuts is the very
> basis of a every good software and i wonder why c74 never done this for
> WINDOWS if they made it for that god damn macintosh !? We all want this
> Paste Replace shortcut (it’s not the first time it’s been asked on the
> list) and we all, windows users, want customizable shortcuts for *ALL*.
> From now, i’ll start to set up the Syndicate of the Windows Maxers.
> Enough is enough. Beware.

Well, ask Microschuft…
(Cycling didn’t do it and nobody needed to ask Apple to implement it… ;-)
Oh I know I am so mean, but you windozers can have so much more fun with
these ego shooters…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


October 14, 2006 | 10:20 pm

As Stefan mentioned, but i’ll make this explicit. Apple has provided
a *SYSTEM WIDE* shortcut management feature. This is part of the
operating system, not anything Cycling has done.

In fact, I had completely forgotten about it until it was mentioned
on the list.

This isnt a Cycling issue (that Mac OS X has functionality above XP
in a certain area).

However, im sure Cycling could, if they needed to, provide a Max/MSP
specific keyboard binding system. However, id much rather other
issues be banged out (pun intended).

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info

On Oct 14, 2006, at 5:55 PM, Stefan Tiedje wrote:

> f.e wrote:
>> Sorry, but i’ll be very angry : is there other features we don’t
>> know that are only available for Mac ? Customizing shortcuts is
>> the very basis of a every good software and i wonder why c74 never
>> done this for WINDOWS if they made it for that god damn
>> macintosh !? We all want this Paste Replace shortcut (it’s not the
>> first time it’s been asked on the list) and we all, windows users,
>> want customizable shortcuts for *ALL*. From now, i’ll start to
>> set up the Syndicate of the Windows Maxers. Enough is enough. Beware.
>
> Well, ask Microschuft…
> (Cycling didn’t do it and nobody needed to ask Apple to implement
> it… ;-)
> Oh I know I am so mean, but you windozers can have so much more fun
> with these ego shooters…
>
> Stefan
>
> —
> Stefan Tiedje————x——-
> –_____———–|————–
> –(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
> — _|_)—-|—–()————–
> ———-()——–www.ccmix.com
>


Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)