Forums > Jitter

Fiddle object or other

July 20, 2010 | 10:30 am

Hi guys I am trying to track guitar frequency’s using the fiddle object and it is proving very difficult. The numbers out putting from the object are far from accurate and I need the fundamental notes from the guitar, so any help on this object would be useful, or should I move on to something else if so which one?
Many thanks
Ryckox

MIB
July 21, 2010 | 12:19 am

I’ve never used a guitar, all I can say is that maybe sigmund~ might be useful. It’s the next generation fiddle~
give it a try

July 21, 2010 | 3:05 pm

You might also have a look at the tristan jehan’s pitch~ object (and similar). All of these objects require some fine-tuning with their settings. And a little pre-processing of the signal before sending it to the analyzer can help, i.e. rolloff all the low freqs you don’t care about, experiment with various compression settings, etc. Finally, some smoothing or averaging of the analyzer output might be needed.

August 10, 2010 | 10:54 am

Hi lads that sigmund object looks interesting, but I need to ad it to my externals and as per usual I can only get a .mxo version and not .mxe I have the help file but it still needs to added to my max externals any Idea where I would get sigmund.mxe

August 10, 2010 | 10:59 am

Hi lads that sigmund object looks interesting, but I need to ad it to my externals and as per usual I can only get a .mxo version and not .mxe I have the help file but it still needs to added to my max externals any Idea where I would get sigmund.mxe

Thanks

Attachments:
  1. sigmund~.maxhelp

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)