Forums > MaxMSP

file browser problem on winxp

June 19, 2008 | 5:17 pm

i’m running max 5.0.2 on windows xp and i’ve noticed that the file browser doesn’t seem to have any way to browse any drive other than C:, which is a problem because all of my max work is stored on a different drive. the files will show up properly in the "recent" listing, and the filepaths work fine for stuff like finding patcher files when objects are created. i realize that i could just use ntfs junction points to fake it into thinking stuff is on the C drive, but i’d really prefer not to have to do that.
is there something that i’m missing? if not… could this perhaps be fixed in the next update?

June 26, 2008 | 6:00 pm

i had the same problem… i just dragged the FOLDERS i wanted to use
to the file browser… kind of weird but not that big a deal

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 6:17 PM, thezer0ist

wrote:
>
> i’m running max 5.0.2 on windows xp and i’ve noticed that the file browser doesn’t seem to have any way to browse any drive other than C:, which is a problem because all of my max work is stored on a different drive. the files will show up properly in the "recent" listing, and the filepaths work fine for stuff like finding patcher files when objects are created. i realize that i could just use ntfs junction points to fake it into thinking stuff is on the C drive, but i’d really prefer not to have to do that.
> is there something that i’m missing? if not… could this perhaps be fixed in the next update?
>
>

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)