Forums > MaxMSP

filepath: no such object

September 12, 2006 | 3:22 pm

I’m getting a "no such object" message for filepath. I
haven’t updated anything recently (I’m running 4.5.7
OS 10.4.7) and I’ve checked for older versions in the
search path.
I did have two versions, the one in the C74 Plug-ins
Support folder being a few months newer than that in
the regular Externals folder, but replacing the older
version hasn’t changed anything.
Doing a Finder ‘Get Info’ on filepath showed it to be
mapped to an old Classic Max app, but changing it back
to Max 4.5 hasn’t changed anything either – this
couldn’t be a Classic version, could it – the created
date is 6/3/06 !?
cheers
Roger


September 16, 2006 | 5:10 am

ROGER CARRUTHERS wrote:
I had a similar issue with a standard object which was just misspelled,
Max seems to be picky now in terms of being case sensitive…

I even had an issue with a #1 = "collName", though it was spelled
correctly, and would load in the main patch, the subpatcher coll tried
and failed to load "collname" though the box read "collName" the
textwindow would read "collname" (and was empty). Unfortunately I
couldn’t reproduce it. The offending coll was within a poly~ and after
restarting Max it worked again…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com


September 17, 2006 | 11:06 am

I had the same problem in Max 4.5.7. Doing a bit of search revealed that
Max text file named filepath was present inside the Max 4.5 folder.
Deleting it seems to have solved the problem for me.

Best,
Trond

ROGER CARRUTHERS wrote:
> I’m getting a "no such object" message for filepath. I
> haven’t updated anything recently (I’m running 4.5.7
> OS 10.4.7) and I’ve checked for older versions in the
> search path.
> I did have two versions, the one in the C74 Plug-ins
> Support folder being a few months newer than that in
> the regular Externals folder, but replacing the older
> version hasn’t changed anything.
> Doing a Finder ‘Get Info’ on filepath showed it to be
> mapped to an old Classic Max app, but changing it back
> to Max 4.5 hasn’t changed anything either – this
> couldn’t be a Classic version, could it – the created
> date is 6/3/06 !?
> cheers
> Roger
>


September 21, 2006 | 7:42 am

Thank you so much, that’s exactly what it was!
I suspect it was generated by the Tconvolution object or plug-in, because it contained the file path to an impulse response. If this is the case then it’s a pretty serious bug, which needs sorting.
I wasn’t finding it with Spotlight because I was expecting to see a Max external, not a text file,
cheers
Roger


September 21, 2006 | 7:53 am

Yes, that is probably right. I have been playing around with the
tconvolution external to, and the file contained the file path to the
impulse response used.

Best,
Trond

roger.carruthers wrote:
> Thank you so much, that’s exactly what it was!
> I suspect it was generated by the Tconvolution object or plug-in, because it contained the file path to an impulse response. If this is the case then it’s a pretty serious bug, which needs sorting.
> I wasn’t finding it with Spotlight because I was expecting to see a Max external, not a text file,
> cheers
> Roger


Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)