filmmaker with questions, random edits

Aug 14, 2008 at 7:28am

filmmaker with questions, random edits

I’m doing some research for an upcoming project and I keep coming back to jitter as a possible solution.

I have about 25 sequences in Hi-Def QT Video and I’d like to use jitter to (randomly) edit the sequences together. I’ve been reading the jitter object reference and scanning the tutorials but nothing has really suggested I can accomplish what I’m after.

Is it possible for a randomly selected clip to begin playing immediately after the previous clip plays its last frame without a “bang” from some user input? The idea would be to create a seamless cut between the clips so as not to disrupt the flow of the film.

Is there an jitter object floating around that I may have overlooked? Thanks for your help. K

Aug 14, 2008 at 2:36pm

> Is it possible for a randomly selected clip to begin playing immediately after the previous clip plays its last frame without a “bang” from some user input? The idea would be to create a seamless cut between the clips so as not to disrupt the flow of the film.

you can look at umenu for storing a bunch of clips indexed by a
number, random for a random number, and the loopreport attribute and
loopnotify message, or getframecount and framereport attribute of
jit.qt.movie for finding the last frame without user input

Aug 14, 2008 at 6:06pm

Thanks! keywords helped immensely. Found a relevant tutorial…

http://www.cycling74.com/docs/max5/tutorials/max-tut/basicchapter13.html

Aug 16, 2008 at 7:23pm

This has been helpful to me as well, but I can’t seem to get umenu to work with jt.qt.movie or jt.window. anyhelp?

Aug 16, 2008 at 7:31pm

Post a patch, even if it’s not working, with comments describing
exactly what you’re trying to accomplish and you will get a much
better response.
wes

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Peter Redecopp
wrote:
>
> This has been helpful to me as well, but I can’t seem to get umenu to work with jt.qt.movie or jt.window. anyhelp?
>

Aug 16, 2008 at 8:48pm

ok, here is my patch

thanx

Aug 18, 2008 at 3:57pm

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Aug 19, 2008 at 5:54am

awesome! thanks Robtherich!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.