Forums > Jitter

filmmaker with questions, random edits

August 14, 2008 | 7:28 am

I’m doing some research for an upcoming project and I keep coming back to jitter as a possible solution.

I have about 25 sequences in Hi-Def QT Video and I’d like to use jitter to (randomly) edit the sequences together. I’ve been reading the jitter object reference and scanning the tutorials but nothing has really suggested I can accomplish what I’m after.

Is it possible for a randomly selected clip to begin playing immediately after the previous clip plays its last frame without a "bang" from some user input? The idea would be to create a seamless cut between the clips so as not to disrupt the flow of the film.

Is there an jitter object floating around that I may have overlooked? Thanks for your help. K

PKM
August 14, 2008 | 2:36 pm

> Is it possible for a randomly selected clip to begin playing immediately after the previous clip plays its last frame without a "bang" from some user input? The idea would be to create a seamless cut between the clips so as not to disrupt the flow of the film.

you can look at umenu for storing a bunch of clips indexed by a
number, random for a random number, and the loopreport attribute and
loopnotify message, or getframecount and framereport attribute of
jit.qt.movie for finding the last frame without user input

August 14, 2008 | 6:06 pm

Thanks! keywords helped immensely. Found a relevant tutorial…

http://www.cycling74.com/docs/max5/tutorials/max-tut/basicchapter13.html

RDC
August 16, 2008 | 7:23 pm

This has been helpful to me as well, but I can’t seem to get umenu to work with jt.qt.movie or jt.window. anyhelp?

August 16, 2008 | 7:31 pm

Post a patch, even if it’s not working, with comments describing
exactly what you’re trying to accomplish and you will get a much
better response.
wes

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Peter Redecopp
wrote:
>
> This has been helpful to me as well, but I can’t seem to get umenu to work with jt.qt.movie or jt.window. anyhelp?
>

RDC
August 16, 2008 | 8:48 pm

ok, here is my patch

thanx

August 18, 2008 | 3:57 pm

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

RDC
August 19, 2008 | 5:54 am

awesome! thanks Robtherich!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)