filtergraph appearance

Sep 11, 2010 at 10:27pm

filtergraph appearance

Hi,

New to Max/Msp. I have 2 different color schemes for filtergraph~. I only want one on the screen at any time and want to be able to switch between them on a single click. i have tried messing around with prepend sets and have looked at a load of patches for ideas but am not having much luck!

Patch is attached. Please help if you can :)

J

Sep 11, 2010 at 10:33pm

Have a look at the bpatcher help file. The example in the “patcher more” subpatch will help you out :)

Sep 11, 2010 at 11:19pm

open the Inspector for your filtergraph and look at the relevant colors. you can drag out attributes from there onto the filtergraph and bingo, you’ll have a message box with what you need. I’d say have a [swatch] for each color attribute, then use [preset] on all of them. Preset 1=color scheme 1, preset 2=color scheme 2.

no other program I know of lets you customize things like colors (not to mention functionality) as easily as Max!

Sep 12, 2010 at 9:22pm

Thanks tim and seejayjames! i’ve used the color attributes from the filtergraph, dragging them into message boxes, all good..

However, i dont follow the steps of swatches and presets, not sure how it all connects…

Any chance a forum member could supply a simple example of how you can switch between 2 color schemes for a single LED using seejayjames’ method?

Thanks,

josh

Sep 12, 2010 at 11:37pm
– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.