finally, a simple patch that shows i'm not crazy
> //post("adding arg: ",n, "
Max/MSP 4.5.5 (XP+SP2) doesn’t like the above lines: unterminated string
literal. When I remove the linefeed and try again, all the boxes behave
the same way – mostly 10′s with the occasional 9 (all synchronized). I
haven’t checked all the instances, but each one I have checked has
appeared to be correct.
I should have mentioned that yes, I have tried re-opening the patch as
your text advises… behavior is the same every time.
as i said, i noticing this kind of thing with 4.6;
so if you’re usin 4.5.5 and it all works, then that supports what i’ve experienced.
i’m also using os x, i suspect that this kind of thing behaves differently on xp, in this case perhaps better.
ah, and for what it’s worth,
since the scripting errors suggest that max’s tryin to connect boxes before they exist, i adjusted the .js to add delays between making boxes and connections; now things work much better on my system.
what gets me is, 1) this worked just fine in 4.5.7 on PPC (can someone try?) and 2) i haven’t noticed the same problems with my older-school scripting-made abstractions that use Max and not js to send messages to "thispatcher".
On 26 sept. 06, at 08:31, Ali Momeni wrote:
> what gets me is, 1) this worked just fine in 4.5.7 on PPC (can someone
I just tried, before I install 4.6.2 (now that seq is probably
working!), with 4.5.7 on ppc, under X.3.9:
no errors in the Max window,
all bangs are flashing,
number box are almost always at 10, sometimes flashing in sync to 9
> and 2) i haven’t noticed the same problems with my older-school
> scripting-made abstractions that use Max and not js to send messages
> to "thispatcher".
> poor js.
Yes (it gave me some troubles yesterday!), but quite usefull though.
Centre de Recherches et de Formation Musicales de Wallonie asbl