Fine detune of sample after intial note value set?

Jun 19, 2012 at 4:34am

Fine detune of sample after intial note value set?

I’d like to set the pitch of a buffer~ using mtof with a num object and then detune it by say -1 to +1 or more, on a dial where the center of the dial is unison.

My problem is once the initial frequency is set the dial ends up jumping the note to a different value instead of detuning.

I also am using messages to automatically speed up or slow down the sample and the dial will not follow the pitch.

Here is what I have so far some one suggested something about how I have the dial now but it is not working.

Also, is there anyway to copy compressed with a buffer~ loaded?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Jun 20, 2012 at 5:38pm

Not sure if this the problem you’re getting at but try using a line~ object instead of sig~, that way you can choose a ramp time and you will get a gradual change rather than a jump… Also you have nothing connected to the left inlet of the * object which is setting the pitch so you’re always just gonna get 0 out of it.

Jun 20, 2012 at 5:40pm

Try this maybe

Attachments:
  1. Detune.maxpat
Jun 22, 2012 at 3:46am

Thanks chubby! So that works now. The only thing I’m still having trouble wrapping my brain around is having a dial have a middle point say (64) and that being unison pitch. And counterclockwise turns detune and clockwise increase pitch.

I noticed dials wont take minimum negative values.

Here appears to be a crude way of doing so.

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:13am

see the [scale] object:

hth

Jun 22, 2012 at 9:38am

Thanks works great. Is there a way to double click a knob and have it return to center position. I have a message to center the knob but was wondering if there is a way to maybe have to double click a message before it is fired?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.