Firmata i2c Max Msp?

Jul 29, 2009 at 12:19pm

Firmata i2c Max Msp?

Hi there I was wondering has anyone got any idea how to get max msp to communicate i2c via the Firmata software.

I posted a little while back wondering how to communicate to BlinkM lights commands to the BlinkM via max msp rather than using the Arudino code (I still am wondering this)

So what I am thinking now is, that if I can get max msp communicating iva i2c (which is what the blinkm uses, on analog pins 4 and 5 I believe), I can send the blink M commands via max msp messages.

My question is how do I get max msp sending i2c commands to the arduino using analog pins 4 and 5 whilst also being able to use the other digital ins to allow for a PIR sensor input.

I really really hope some one here can help, Ive been trawling the net trying to get BlinkMs controlled and sequenced by max msp for ages now with no avail.

Many many thanks!!!

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:52pm

Did you have any luck with this? I would like to get BlinkM working though Firmata as well.

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:55pm

More specifically I NEED to get the Blink M working with the Maxuino/Frimata combo. Controlling motors via Maxiuno and Firmata and it is working great. Need to augment that with some BlinkM control.

Apr 24, 2012 at 4:27am

Yes! I’m looking for i2c into Maxiuno as well. Anyone have any luck with this??

May 17, 2013 at 4:12am

Any luck with implementing blinkM control within Maxuino?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.