first 5 seconds review of max 5 – docs are wack

Apr 23, 2008 at 1:39pm

first 5 seconds review of max 5 – docs are wack

is it just me, or is the first tutorial – 01mhello messed up? For example, about 3 paragraphs in, you are supposed to click the message box and it is supposed to change the background color, well it doesn’t. i’m no brainiac or anything, but i think i set it up right.

i’ve encountered about 4 typos in reading the docs since this morning, and this first tutorial doesn’t even work!

anybody else see this? maybe i am doing something wrong.

Apr 23, 2008 at 3:44pm

As far as I know the first tutorial has nothing to do with changing background color. They are pointing that message boxes, object boxes, and comments can be differentiated by their background color.

I’m sure there are plenty of typos, like I found a missing link on the “Using Old and New Versions of Max on the Same Machine” page. Honestly, I hope typos are the last thing the folks at Cycling worry about but maybe a stickied thread where people can post spotted typos so that when they have nothing better to do they can go to one place and look up any found by users to save them time/hassle….not that I think you guys should worry about that at all until you run out of bugs to deal with :)

Looking forward to more Max 5 fun once some current projects are done!

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:25pm

We stumbled across a few thousand (!) broken links in the docs right after release, all (hopefully) of which will be fixed in the next version. However, a typos thread might be useful. Feel free to start one.

Documentation ‘bugs’ can be sent to support@cycling74.com, as well, just like everything else.

Thanks
Jeremy

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:00pm

Andy Turner schrieb:
> is it just me, or is the first tutorial – 01mhello messed up? For
> example, about 3 paragraphs in, you are supposed to click the message
> box and it is supposed to change the background color, well it
> doesn’t.

It’s supposed to print “Hello!”, it has a green background color…
Changing bgcolors with a patch is for sure much later than the first
tutorial, expect it simple…

Stefan

Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:45pm

On 23-avr.-08, at 18:25, Jeremy Bernstein wrote:

> Documentation ‘bugs’ can be sent to support@cycling74.com, as well,
> just like everything else.

Wasn’t there a documentation@cycling74.com in the past? I just sent
some mail there…

p

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.