Forums > Jitter

flash

September 8, 2008 | 3:27 pm

I’ve been looking at various flash vs. quicktime threads, and from that
it seems that no access to on-screen or script interactivity is or will
be supported in qt, not even through 3rd party qt components.

So, flash is basically dead & gone in jitter (unless you’re prepared to
run earlier versions of qt/jitter)?

Mac OS 10.5.4, MB pro, Max 5.0.4


September 8, 2008 | 5:20 pm

> So, flash is basically dead & gone in jitter (unless you’re prepared to
> run earlier versions of qt/jitter)?

as far as i know.

might be time for someone to make an external using gameswf:

http://tulrich.com/geekstuff/gameswf.html


September 8, 2008 | 11:47 pm

you should be able to load swf files via jweb.

-ben


September 9, 2008 | 6:06 am

wich I indeed tried, but it wasn’t clear to me how I could access flash
screen and script information from within max?

lars

Ben Bracken skrev:
> you should be able to load swf files via jweb.
>
> -ben
>
>


September 9, 2008 | 6:13 pm

I’m have successfully use [flashserver]. Many thanks for it to Olaf Matthes!!
Just send to Flash long lists with parameters and parse it.
Think all info’s you can get here:

http://www.nullmedium.de/dev/flashserver/

Sorry for bad english %)


September 9, 2008 | 6:47 pm

Flashserver is fantastic but I have often wondered if it’s possible to run
full actionscript files from within jitter.
Tom

2008/9/9 outoff

>
> I’m have successfully use [flashserver]. Many thanks for it to Olaf
> Matthes!!
> Just send to Flash long lists with parameters and parse it.
> Think all info’s you can get here:
> http://www.nullmedium.de/dev/flashserver/
>
> Sorry for bad english %)
> –
> http://www.asyan.ru
>


September 9, 2008 | 7:01 pm

yep! as I can understand )


September 11, 2008 | 8:26 pm

I’m going to say no, it’s not, and I’m not entirely sure why. The flash examples included with jitter have never worked for me so I assumed that it was a change in flashplayer or quicktime (or both) that killed it.

Flashserver and Actionscript 2 are elegant and as far as I’m concerned the only way to go.


September 11, 2008 | 8:38 pm

I’m talk not about opening swf in jitter[jit.qt.movie], I’m means using [flashserver] to send any parameter what you want and receive them in action script, ANY without exception, what you want is what you get! It works in both sides!
^_^
look at [flashserver] example!!
ps I’m use it with WinXP


September 11, 2008 | 8:59 pm

Quote: emailtomflint wrote on Tue, 09 September 2008 14:47
—————————————————-
> Flashserver is fantastic but I have often wondered if it’s possible to run
> full actionscript files from within jitter.
> Tom
>
> 2008/9/9 outoff
>
> >
> > I’m have successfully use [flashserver]. Many thanks for it to Olaf
> > Matthes!!
> > Just send to Flash long lists with parameters and parse it.
> > Think all info’s you can get here:
> > http://www.nullmedium.de/dev/flashserver/
> >
> > Sorry for bad english %)
> > –
> > http://www.asyan.ru
> >
>
>
>
—————————————————-

This was the post I was responding to. Someone asked if you could run a swf in jitter. That’s what I was saying ‘no’ to.

I agree, Flashserver is the best way to use Flash with Max/Jitter.


September 12, 2008 | 12:49 pm

^_^
Think Flashserver it’s one way (
I saw FLOSC, but not experimented with it. Have no more knowledge about ActionScript ))))


September 12, 2008 | 1:09 pm

Flashserver allows two way communication and is robust, useful and simple.
I have used it across a number of pieces of work and am a big fan.

2008/9/12 outoff

>
> ^_^
> Think Flashserver it’s one way (
> I saw FLOSC, but not experimented with it. Have no more knowledge about
> ActionScript ))))
> –
> http://www.asyan.ru
>


September 12, 2008 | 1:20 pm

Yep! I’m to very joy with it.

But anytime have Max crash, when I close my application.
Close all clients not helps.
Also many problemms in god damned Vista.

So it works and it’s great. Thanks to Olaf!


December 5, 2008 | 1:42 pm

Hiya Jitterlist!
I’m just want to say about my errors with work with Flashserver.
Long-long time I have crashes of ntdll.dll on WinXP pro, and long time can’t fix this error. But not some time ago I’ve re-build main patch that send data(longlonglong list – over 500 elements length), and can fix this problemm.
Just enytime I’m sending 2 messages to [flashserver] at one time, when it happens – 90% I’ve crashes!!
!!!All messages must be send serially!!!
Hope it helps to fix bugs if you have this troubles )))
Cheers!


Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)