Forums > Jitter

Flickering and blobs staying around too long with cv.jit.touches

November 1, 2011 | 7:58 pm

Hey all,
I’m doing an installation with a top-down projection and Kinect capturing infrared bodies. Basically right now all I want is to grab the data from Kinect (the easy part) then send this through jit.touches and then have that provide the coords to render white circles on a black background which will be projected onto the participants.
I have a few problems so far but the main ones are that I can’t figure out how to render the circles without them flickering like crazy, and that jit.touches needs some caressing that I haven’t given it yet; once touches are released, their data is still there, so it still renders a circle.

Here is the code:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

I think the problem with the flickering is that the last circles in the list only get rendered for a split second before the entire scene is cleared, whereas the first circles get more time to stay on the screen and seem more fluid. Maybe I should develop a system in which a black circle erases the last position of the user instead of clearing the screen, or maybe going with something other than jit.lcd would be best. Please help!

November 2, 2011 | 12:56 am

Ok the flickering is somewhat solved now.. but what the heck is with the phantom blobs?!

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

December 3, 2011 | 5:10 am

Solved? Would like to be updated to your project. Interesting!

December 8, 2011 | 7:00 pm

hi,

i am trying to do a very similar tracking, i need the number of blobs from above – and i try to combine cv.jit.touches and jit.freenect.grab. though it does not work – the kinect turns on, but no input is coming through. any ideas about what the problem might be?

thanks
edit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)