Forums > Jitter

flickr

June 19, 2007 | 10:51 am

hi! opened an account today. please see my current openGL stuff done in jitter: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9075802@N02/

i will add pix to jitter photo pool asap.

cheers,

didi


June 19, 2007 | 11:04 am

Gorgeous stuff, didi.

jb

Am 19.06.2007 um 12:51 schrieb didi bruckmayr:

>
> hi! opened an account today. please see my current openGL stuff
> done in jitter: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9075802@N02/
>
> i will add pix to jitter photo pool asap.


June 19, 2007 | 4:28 pm

very nice. let’s have a look at the patch ;)


June 19, 2007 | 4:34 pm

>very nice. let’s have a look at the patch ;)

And quickly please. I have a gig tomorrow night.

(do I really need the emoticons? I hope not….)

on the floor there’s a long wooden table/on the table there’s an open book/
on the page there’s a detailed drawing/and on the drawing is the name I took
Gregory Taylor http://www.rtqe.net


June 19, 2007 | 5:24 pm

Cool,
Thanks for sharing. Does this mean you worked out that supershape shader?

AB


June 20, 2007 | 6:04 am

Wow. These look amazing! I’d love a bit of info on how these were created!

Thanks for sharing,
Andreas.


June 20, 2007 | 9:37 am

hi! this is the basic patch for the superformula. please see the paper of johan gielis and peter bource.
i am using irregular params to break the shapes apart.
of course more matrix dim more res.
but the patch is very cpu intensive. i am currently trying to port a superformula shader from the vvvv community from hlsl to cg and jitter. hard times. i will upload the shader as well. this is a shout out to the cg boys in the forum.

the spirals are nurbs. i posted some patches recently and asked for some alternative solutions. one was NurbWorm.

hurra,

dd


June 20, 2007 | 9:42 am

dear cg boys in the forum. sos from deepshit austria. attached the vvvv superformula shader. my attempts to port it via cg to jitter failed so far, but i will keep on trying.

straight outta tattoo studio! hahaha

dd


June 20, 2007 | 10:13 am

one more patch for the particle emitter stuff. actually gl.multiple and various noise.

matrix dim above 20 20 generates nice clouds, but too much for my pb.

have fun!

dd


June 20, 2007 | 5:05 pm

wooh I would love to see more flikr jitters! theres a pool somewhere but I forgot the address! Keep up the great work!

heres mine:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14765310@N00/sets/72157600041291622/show/


June 20, 2007 | 5:21 pm

http://www.flickr.com/groups/jitter

It would be awesome if all of you with cool screenshots would add to the
pile.

AB

Nicholas C. Raftis III wrote:
>theres a pool somewhere but I forgot the address! Keep up the great work!
>


June 20, 2007 | 5:50 pm

I can’t seem to get BoundedBfgParticles or the supershape patch to open. I
am on a mac. It doesn’t seem to be a max file, txt file, or zip file. They
want to open in excel. If I look at it as txt in textwrangler, I certainly
see a lot of max stuff in there combined with other symbols.

What format are these supposed to be in? Could you try zipping them or
posting them as text?

Thanks,
Christopher

On 6/20/07 3:13 AM, "didi bruckmayr" wrote:

> one more patch for the particle emitter stuff. actually gl.multiple and
> various noise.
>
> matrix dim above 20 20 generates nice clouds, but too much for my pb.
>
> have fun!
>
> dd



jln
June 20, 2007 | 5:52 pm


June 20, 2007 | 8:42 pm

Hey this is great stuff.

I have an earlier version of super shape from the forums a while back
that had some issues, but yours works really nicely it seems.

Im very impressed. This is great, keep it up!

On Jun 20, 2007, at 5:37 AM, didi bruckmayr wrote:

> hi! this is the basic patch for the superformula. please see the
> paper of johan gielis and peter bource.
> i am using irregular params to break the shapes apart.
> of course more matrix dim more res.
> but the patch is very cpu intensive. i am currently trying to port
> a superformula shader from the vvvv community from hlsl to cg and
> jitter. hard times. i will upload the shader as well. this is a
> shout out to the cg boys in the forum.
>
> the spirals are nurbs. i posted some patches recently and asked for
> some alternative solutions. one was NurbWorm.
>
> hurra,
>
> dd
>

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info


June 21, 2007 | 11:02 am

did it!

hurra,

dd


June 25, 2007 | 5:41 pm

The supershape patch (and photos) is beautiful – thanks so much for sharing that. I can’t get the particles patch to do anything – am I missing something?

Just wondered – do you have a link to the johan gielis and peter bource paper? My googling has so far come to nought..


July 3, 2007 | 7:00 pm

I still can’t seem to get these patches to open, and would really like to use them. Tried opening them as text, unzipping them, and changing the extention. Anyone know what the problem might be? I am on a mac. The 3 attachements I would like to look at are:

supershape3delux
superformula phong directionnal.fx
BoundedBfgParticles


July 3, 2007 | 7:58 pm

Nice shapes but to abstract for me!
How do you convert hlsl to cg?
Is there a specific way to do that or a work around?
Or do we have to do that by trial and a lot of errors? :)

Grzz, Bart


July 3, 2007 | 8:05 pm

Microsoft and Nvidia developed Cg and HLSL in consultation with each
other so the syntax is nearly identical. The trickiest part is taking
apart the .fx files and figuring out how rebuild all the extra stuff
around the actual shader in jitter. Porting the shader code itself is
straightforward.

wes

On 7/3/07, bart wrote:
>
> Nice shapes but to abstract for me!
> How do you convert hlsl to cg?
> Is there a specific way to do that or a work around?
> Or do we have to do that by trial and a lot of errors? :)
>
>
> Grzz, Bart
>


March 16, 2010 | 9:36 am

Great Pictures,,,, it would be great to see the supershape patch, does anyone have it around?

I need to learn.


Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)