Forums > MaxMSP

Fluid Sample Scanning

January 13, 2012 | 2:03 pm

hello,

working on a Travelizer styled sampler and am trying to figure out how to smooth out the way samples are scanned. in Reaktor’s Travelizer i think the setting is called inertia, if you are at all familiar with this instrument. should i be using expr or line in between the pictslider and waveform~ objects?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

January 13, 2012 | 3:05 pm

I’m not familiar with it, but if, as it’s name suggests, it adds some inertia to the controls, then yes, line should do it.
You might also want to consider using a windowed pair of 2dwave~s, a la wavefader in the examples folder, to reduce general clickiness (try the crossfade).
I’ve also used sah~ to help reduce the clicks when you shift the loops points, though again it don’t think you can completely kill it,
cheers
Roger

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

January 13, 2012 | 4:41 pm

hi roger,

thanks for the reply, lots of neat stuff in there. the movement is much smoother now when scanning.

a few questions:

1. what is the 7th inlet for on "p 2dwavefader"

2. when scanning and selecting a very small section of the sample, is there a way to play back that region without changing the pitch?

3. since there are now two 2d.wave~ objects, it sounds like both play at the same time making a jumble of sound… how to hear only 1?

-dustin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)