Follow pitch.

Sep 7, 2011 at 3:35pm

Follow pitch.

Can anyone give me some help getting this patch to behave? I’m looking in to frequency analysis and pitch tracking, in the patch I’ve used two spectroscopes to show clearly the difference between the generated signal being input and the detected signal being output, as you can see it’s not doing a very good job of it.

I don’t know if I’m patching the output signal correctly, I’m confused as to weather I’m modulating an already cycling frequency in cycle~ ie with the analyzer freq output or if cycle is actually outputting the actual analyzed freq faithfully, but its steppy as and doesn’t seem to be at all accurate.

can anyone help?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

I’m hoping that with a little more time this patch will be able to imprint vocal pitch information in to other instrument parts to make them more expressive, whilst also serving as a way of displaying multiple pitches and harmonics similar to melodyne.

Sep 8, 2011 at 7:35am

The analyzer~ output you use provides “cooked” pitches, so the refreshing rate is quite bad (even with a small vibrato setting). I’d rather use the 8th outlet, which outputs the sinusoidal components:

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:11pm

I’ve decided to use fiddle in place of analyzer now, but i still have the same choppy pitch playback, i need the output signal comprising of just a single tone more like a portamento effect between the notes, not this skipping all over the place.

it’s still the same problem, a chopped up signal.

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:59pm

sorry, you need to click the hipass filter (on) using the “2″ message before you can get playback.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.