Forums > MaxMSP

forming connection upon button click

April 2, 2009 | 5:20 pm

I have two sliders, I want the output of one slider go into input of another slider i.e. lets say slider A controls slider B. But I only want this to form this connection when I click lets say some Button object. So my question , is there any object which can form a connection between two objects upon button click? I tried it with toggle but it does not function that way.

Thank you,
Dhruv
http://thirdimension.com

MIB
April 2, 2009 | 5:41 pm

Is this what you mean???

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 3, 2009 | 12:07 am

Sorry, I am a beginner , Can you tell me how to convert that code into objects?

Thanks,
Dhruv

April 3, 2009 | 12:19 am

Select and copy the text in your browser
(including ——–begin_max5_patcher———- and ———–end_max5_patcher———–)
then switch to Max and select "New From Clipboard" under the FIle menu.

-B

This post seems to contain a broken pasted patch. This can happen if you don’t copy the entire "———-begin_max5_patcher———-" or "———–end_max5_patcher———–" for each and every patch you paste; perhaps you missed a preceding or trailing "-" when you copied the patch? Please notify the Cycling 74 web team if you think it is a bug.

April 3, 2009 | 1:12 am

Dhruv wrote on Thu, 02 April 2009 12:20I have two sliders, I want the output of one slider go into input of another slider i.e. lets say slider A controls slider B. But I only want this to form this connection when I click lets say some Button object. So my question , is there any object which can form a connection between two objects upon button click? I tried it with toggle but it does not function that way.

Thank you,
Dhruv
http://thirdimension.com

[gate] is the simplest and generally best way to control flow of commands/data. However Max also lets you do scripting of connections (and a lot more) as you described above. Generally you don’t need to script things this way, gate will work fine, but there are occasions where scripting is helpful. This patch demonstrates both. The [thispatcher] help file is very detailed and will give you lots of ideas, especially about window control… it’s great.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 3, 2009 | 3:48 am

Thanks a lot, this really helped me a lot!

Cheers,
Dhruv

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)