Forums > Misc

Forum User's Max Version

January 24, 2012 | 10:50 am

Hi all,

Just a quick idea for the forum. How about in a user’s profile we have an option to select which Cycling ’74 products and versions we own/use. Then this can be displayed next to a username in the forum when posting (or hidden if the user doesn’t want to make it public). It’s mainly for selfish reasons as I keep getting disappointed when pasting compressed files in to Max5 only to find they use something only available in Max6 and I can’t use them at all.

Any thoughts?

January 24, 2012 | 10:43 pm

yes please.

and also an option to email others privatly, like we had in 2006.

January 24, 2012 | 11:39 pm

You can see which version was used in the blue highlight when a patch is pasted in a (some?) posts.

– Pasted Max 5 Patch, click to expand. —

or

– Pasted Max 6.0.4 Patch, click to expand. –

edit

January 25, 2012 | 2:24 am

That’s strange…i just posted a patch in another post here with max 6.0.3 and appear like "– Pasted Max 5 Patch, click to expand. –" Could be a conflict because i have both 5 and 6 versions?….

January 25, 2012 | 3:53 am

My patches show up as Max 5 patches when I paste them, too. And I don’t have Max 5 on my system. I have a suspicion that if a patch contains no Max 6 specific features, it can be opened in Max 5 and the code is marked as such. It’s just a guess, but I’m a software engineer and that’s what I would do.

-Ron.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)