Four Chords Played in a Succesionn.

Apr 11, 2012 at 3:11pm

Four Chords Played in a Succesionn.

I have a subpatch i which I want 4 chords to be played in a succession and then to start again from the first one, the second, the third, the fourth and again….

For that reason I have connected them all to the select object, but it didn’t work at all, so I have connected the select object to the random object. BUT, I DO no want them to be randomly selected.

I have connected the first one’s note in to a delay object, so that it has some delay between the fourth one and the first one.

Please tell me how can I achieve what I intend to.

Attached is the subpatch

Tank You,
Kate

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:17pm

Hello,

should start with something like that :

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

HTH

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:01pm

Ok, thanks a lot. I will see if that’s what I am looking for and let you know.

Thanks again

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:25pm

Apr 12, 2012 at 3:13pm

Ok, I have pasted the Max 5 Patch that vanille béchamel has send me, made a few changes and it is what I am looking for. Except, It is a subpatch and I have made changes to the metro, increased it to 3000, so that all the chords are given enough time to be listened.

The main patch has a start/stop button that starts/stops the selected subpatches. It also has a speed that the user can choose when listening to the chords. slow 10000ms, faster 9000ms and fast 5000. They are all connected to the metro object with an argument 3000 who is then connected to a gate where all the subpatches for the chords are connected.

The PROBLEM is that it takes a long, long time for the subpatch to be heard, even when the selected speed is FAST 500ms. And the MORE BIGGER PROBLEM IS that is only plays once, if another subpatch is chosen, then if the initial patch is chosen, it does not play. The only difference is that all the other subpatches start with random object, and this one with metro. Does that make a difference???

Can you please tell me why???

Attached is the subpatch with the Start/Stop and select speed buttons on the top of the patch. The subpatch that I am talking about is on the bottom.

Thanks a lot,

Kate

Apr 12, 2012 at 3:54pm

Hello,

why have you removed the [% 4] object between [counter] and [select] ?

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:55pm

I shouldn’t have??? Ok, I will put it again and let you know

Apr 12, 2012 at 5:03pm

Hello,

no ;-)

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Apr 12, 2012 at 5:12pm

I have put the %4 sign and now when II select another subpatch, that one doesn’t stop. It doesn’t stop when I press the Start/Stop button either.

Plus that it doesn’t play the third chord??????

Any suggestions?

Apr 12, 2012 at 6:21pm

I have made the changes that you’ve suggested, now it plays all the chords in a succession, but it keps on playing. The Start/Stop button doesn’t stop it.

When I select another subpatch to play, it plays along with it.

Any suggestions how to make it stop???

Thank you!!!

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:32am

Hello,

i do not understand what is your problem … maybe post the patch ;-)

Apr 17, 2012 at 8:18pm

Posted are the patch PerList and the subpatch FourChordsInASuccesion and other subpatches.

To explain again, The Start/Stop button does Not Stop playing the subpatch FourChordsInASuccesion.

It should also Stop, when another subpatch is selected, but it doesn’t, it plays along with it.

Thanks for helping,
Kate

Attachments:
  1. TR.maxpat
Apr 18, 2012 at 5:25am

Hello,

Hello, i do not want to be rude but your patches are too messy to be easily understandable by anybody …

The first things you should learn is encapsulation ; in your “TR.maxpat” there is 152 [makenote] and 154 [pipe] ! Do one subpatch for each function you have to achieved and organize your data as lists you can store in [coll]. You can transform those list wit [zl] operation or others, trigger them, delay them etc …

Believe me, you will lose less time by learning good habits than time you will lose in debugging.

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:09pm

Hello,

The patch and the subpatches are just a part of the original patch which is in another language and I have deleted the subpatches which are a lot and which have the same function, just so You can get the picture.
I do not see a 152 [makenote] and 154 [pipe] in the “TR.maxpat” Maybe that is how it is delivered to You?

Anyway, there are a lot of subpatches and I am in a hurry, so I can not make changes to them now.

But, You gave me an excellent idea for the FourChordsInASuccesion.maxpat, it just does react to the Stop button on the top, nor it Stops when another subpatch is selected.

Thanks anyway,
Kate

Apr 18, 2012 at 4:11pm

I FINALLY FIXED IT!!!

And It was something very, very simple that you don’t think it has anything to do with. It always is that way.

Thanks a lot for Your feedback and Your suggestion.

Kate

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.