Forums > MIRA

fpic not showing in MIRA

July 17, 2013 | 11:28 am

hi there!

I’ve tried a bunch of things (absolute filepath etc…) but pictures are not showing up on the iPad at all!

Funny to notice that even on the MIRA screenshot on the appstore, the fpic is not showing (see attached picture)… so I guess it isn’t just me :/

Any ideas??

Attachments:
  1. Mira-screenshot

July 19, 2013 | 10:28 am

Hey @danielfm,

I’ve noticed this problem myself, but I’m having trouble reproducing it. Can you tell me what setup you’re working with (iPad generation, OS X version and so on)? And could you post a patch that consistently (or even semi-consistently) reproduces the problem?

Thanks!

July 19, 2013 | 12:26 pm

Hi Sam, thanks a lot for the response.

My system:
Imac 2.7 Ghz Intel core I5 / 12 GB Ram / OS X 10.8.4
Ipad 4(last generation) 6.1.3

fpic consistently never showed up on the ipad. Even the most simple patch: mira.frame + fpic does not yeld results. Everything else works.

another example: the mira.frame help patch. The mira-logo does not appear on the ipad. the rest does.

Thanks, Daniel

UPDATE: I’ve also tested it on my macbook pro 2,2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo / 4 GB ram / OS X 10.8.4 and the problem persists…

September 5, 2013 | 12:27 pm

Hi Sam,

I’m on iPad 2 and Windows 8. Helas, no picture shows up on my iPad. I’ve tried a .JPG with full path and within the searchpad. No luck. The Mira logo is not visible either.

Are you making progress on this?

BTW, I really like the max/msp/jitter videos of my good buddy Sam on youtube. Only recently I found out you are with the crew of Cycling ’74.

Cheers,

Willem.

September 14, 2013 | 7:28 am

Hi Sam, I’m having the same issue. fpic doesn’t appears at MIRA on ipad.
[Ipad 4, Max MSP 6.1.3, MacBook Pro 15'' (2011), Lion 10.7.5.]

Any idea?
thanks

Carlos

September 19, 2013 | 8:12 am

Hey Carlos et al.,

I really hope this bug hasn’t been too annoying for you. It’s since been fixed and should be all taken care of in the next release, which will be out soon.

-S

September 20, 2013 | 8:36 am

Great. Thanks!
C

October 30, 2013 | 8:11 am

Hello there,
I am enjoying the MIRA update but [fpic] is still not working reliably. I had a picture suddenly showing, once, as someone else also described, but not since. I’d love to have other feedbacks about this…
cheers
carloskleiber

October 30, 2013 | 9:24 am

@carloskleiber Sorry you’re still having trouble. Any more information you can give me? Operating system, iPad model, and ideally the patch itself?

November 8, 2013 | 12:08 pm

@Sam sorry I haven’t seen your post earlier. I am on 10.6.8, I have just updated my iPad2 to 7.0.3.
Here is a patch:

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

I have tried all kinds of picture types. I hope it turns out I have just overlooked something about fpic…

October 8, 2014 | 1:32 pm

Did this ever get resolved?! It’s Oct 2014 & I’m still having this issue.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)