Forums > MaxMSP

fpic rotating images on it's own?

June 13, 2012 | 4:55 pm

So I built a tuner in max, and I’m using a couple of fpics with embedded images for the up/down arrows at the center of the tuner. Now it would be great if I could have used just one image and rotated it 90degrees for the second fpic, but I couldn’t figure out how to do that (it’s not possible currently it seems?).

That’s fine enough, I exported two versions of the arrows in an imaging app and loaded them into separate fpics.

Now the problem I’m having is that one of the fpics has now rotated itself somehow and both images appear to be up arrows (even though both are referring to different files, albeit with similar names (arrow.gif, arrow2.gif)).
It looked fine when I saved the file, it’s when I open it back up.

Anyone experience anything like this? I don’t mind having to make two images because fpic can’t rotate them, but now if it’s rotating them in spite of what I’ve done, I’m at a loss.

And is there a way to get to the embedded image file now? I’ve deleted from where it used to be, so I can’t manually reimport into the one that seems to be rotated (or to at least triple check my arrow orientations).

June 13, 2012 | 5:56 pm

I seem to be able to rotate all directions

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

June 13, 2012 | 11:00 pm

That worked perfectly, until I tried to resize. Just gonna manually remake these arrows the proper/tiny size.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)