Forums > Dev

Frameworks filestructure

December 17, 2009 | 4:52 pm

Hi,

I’m using XCode 3.1.3 on OS X 10.5, and following the instructions in
Writing Externals with XCode 2.2, at http://cycling74.com/2005/10/05/writing-externals-with-xcode-22/

When you download the SDK, it comes with a folder called c74support. The article says that this should be copied to "/Library/Application Support". Later, the howto says that the Max framework should be added to the project, and that it’s located at /Library/Frameworks.

The problem is, there’s no Max framework in that directory. However, there *is* such a framework in c74support. Most of c74support is header files, but four of its subfolders are frameworks (named something like Max, MaxAudio, Jitter, and JS). So I moved those four frameworks from /Library/Application Support/c74support to /Library/Frameworks.

I can build the first example in the tutorial — the empty program "int main(void) { return 0; }". However, the second one, the actual sample program for rounding integers, won’t build. Before every include statement, it says "error: ___.h: No such file or directory."

Any help greatly appreciated!

Jeff

December 18, 2009 | 10:01 pm

Solved. I found another tutorial that said I shouldn’t look in Frameworks, and instead just locate the framework in the c74support folder.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)