Forums > Jitter

freeframe in 1.6?

July 7, 2006 | 5:10 pm

hey team,

i’m adjusting to my macbook pro (my titanium’s screen snapped off…)
and am working all my patches up to speed and am unable to load
freeframe effects.

i get this error

"jit.freeframe: no fptr for plugin"

and

"jit.freeframe: effect xyz not found"

the files are all where they used to be…..

i have the feeling i am basically waiting on universal freeframe
support, yeah?

thanks!

billy
fraufraulein.com


July 7, 2006 | 6:26 pm

On Jul 7, 2006, at 10:10 AM, billy gomberg wrote:

>
> i have the feeling i am basically waiting on universal freeframe
> support, yeah?

Yep. The plugins need to be compiled for UB, as native UB apps can’t
run plugins in Rosetta.

-Joshua


July 7, 2006 | 7:28 pm

josh

is it possible to compile for UB in the beta SDK? (source code is
available but SDK is not my specialty…..)

if so, quick tips?

thanks!

b
fraufraulein.com

On Jul 7, 2006, at 2:26 PM, Joshua Kit Clayton wrote:

>
> On Jul 7, 2006, at 10:10 AM, billy gomberg wrote:
>
>>
>> i have the feeling i am basically waiting on universal freeframe
>> support, yeah?
>
> Yep. The plugins need to be compiled for UB, as native UB apps
> can’t run plugins in Rosetta.
>
> -Joshua


July 7, 2006 | 7:37 pm

On Jul 7, 2006, at 12:28 PM, billy gomberg wrote:

> is it possible to compile for UB in the beta SDK? (source code is
> available but SDK is not my specialty…..)

Not yet. Jitter SDK with UB projects, new headers and decent
documentation coming soon (probably next monday/tuesday).

However, this won’t affect freeframe plugins at all, though XCode
savvy programmers could download the open source XCode freeframe
projects and build UB versions if this hasn’t been done yet.

Looks like it’s at least being worked on:

http://www.google.com/search?q=universal+binary+freeframe+plugins

-Joshua


July 8, 2006 | 12:33 pm

Are you using intel-compatible freeframe objects? Last I checked,
there were none. I’ll have a look at the code, though, and see if
there’s a problem.

jb

Am 07.07.2006 um 19:10 schrieb billy gomberg:

> hey team,
>
> i’m adjusting to my macbook pro (my titanium’s screen snapped
> off…) and am working all my patches up to speed and am unable to
> load freeframe effects.
>
> i get this error
>
> "jit.freeframe: no fptr for plugin"
>
> and
>
> "jit.freeframe: effect xyz not found"
>
> the files are all where they used to be…..
>
> i have the feeling i am basically waiting on universal freeframe
> support, yeah?
>
> thanks!
>
> billy
> fraufraulein.com


July 9, 2006 | 4:02 am

no, because as you say, there are none! i’m using the mac (g4/5)
compatible collection from here

http://www.troikatronix.com/freeframe.html

where there is also source code available

On Jul 8, 2006, at 8:33 AM, Jeremy Bernstein wrote:

> Are you using intel-compatible freeframe objects? Last I checked,
> there were none. I’ll have a look at the code, though, and see if
> there’s a problem.
>
> jb
>
> Am 07.07.2006 um 19:10 schrieb billy gomberg:
>
>> hey team,
>>
>> i’m adjusting to my macbook pro (my titanium’s screen snapped
>> off…) and am working all my patches up to speed and am unable to
>> load freeframe effects.
>>
>> i get this error
>>
>> "jit.freeframe: no fptr for plugin"
>>
>> and
>>
>> "jit.freeframe: effect xyz not found"
>>
>> the files are all where they used to be…..
>>
>> i have the feeling i am basically waiting on universal freeframe
>> support, yeah?
>>
>> thanks!
>>
>> billy
>> fraufraulein.com
>


July 11, 2006 | 12:40 pm

This from the freeframe list:

Von: pete@petewarden.com
Betreff: [Freeframe-develop] PetesPlugins compiled for Intel
Datum: 4. Juli 2006 03:00:02 MESZ
An: matthieu@arkaos.net, freeframe-develop@lists.sourceforge.net,
mark@troikaranch.org, roger@eskatonia.net
Antwort an: freeframe-develop@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi folks,
in response to a request from Matthieu, I’ve got a test compile of
my plugins for OS X Intel up at http://petewarden.com/
PetesPluginsIntel.zip , with the source at http://petewarden.com/
PetesPluginsIntel_source.zip

I haven’t got a host to test this on yet, and I’m not sure who’s
ported over yet? I know there’s a intel mini floating around Europe
being used to port plugins, but I’m not up to date on the hosts.

Let me know if this works, and point me at some hosts to test with.

cheers,
Pete

Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services,
security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your
job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
Freeframe-develop mailing list
Freeframe-develop@lists.sourceforge.net

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freeframe-develop

Am 09.07.2006 um 06:02 schrieb billy gomberg:

> no, because as you say, there are none! i’m using the mac (g4/5)
> compatible collection from here
>
> http://www.troikatronix.com/freeframe.html
>
> where there is also source code available
>
> On Jul 8, 2006, at 8:33 AM, Jeremy Bernstein wrote:
>
>> Are you using intel-compatible freeframe objects? Last I checked,
>> there were none. I’ll have a look at the code, though, and see if
>> there’s a problem.
>>
>> jb
>>
>> Am 07.07.2006 um 19:10 schrieb billy gomberg:
>>
>>> hey team,
>>>
>>> i’m adjusting to my macbook pro (my titanium’s screen snapped
>>> off…) and am working all my patches up to speed and am unable
>>> to load freeframe effects.
>>>
>>> i get this error
>>>
>>> "jit.freeframe: no fptr for plugin"
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> "jit.freeframe: effect xyz not found"
>>>
>>> the files are all where they used to be…..
>>>
>>> i have the feeling i am basically waiting on universal freeframe
>>> support, yeah?
>>>
>>> thanks!
>>>
>>> billy
>>> fraufraulein.com
>>
>


July 17, 2006 | 4:34 pm

Jeremy,

thanks for the research + link!

(I was on vacation – yes folks, VACATION) so I just got to this today.

A brief run though these effects in my patches did not turn up any
problems.

b
fraufraulein.com

On Jul 11, 2006, at 8:40 AM, Jeremy Bernstein wrote:

> This from the freeframe list:
>
> Von: pete@petewarden.com
> Betreff: [Freeframe-develop] PetesPlugins compiled for Intel
> Datum: 4. Juli 2006 03:00:02 MESZ
> An: matthieu@arkaos.net, freeframe-
> develop@lists.sourceforge.net, mark@troikaranch.org,
> roger@eskatonia.net
> Antwort an: freeframe-develop@lists.sourceforge.net
>
> Hi folks,
> in response to a request from Matthieu, I’ve got a test compile of
> my plugins for OS X Intel up at http://petewarden.com/
> PetesPluginsIntel.zip , with the source at http://petewarden.com/
> PetesPluginsIntel_source.zip
>
> I haven’t got a host to test this on yet, and I’m not sure who’s
> ported over yet? I know there’s a intel mini floating around Europe
> being used to port plugins, but I’m not up to date on the hosts.
>
> Let me know if this works, and point me at some hosts to test with.
>
> cheers,
> Pete
>
> Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services,
> security?
> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your
> job easier
> Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
> Geronimo
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?
> cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642
> Freeframe-develop mailing list
> Freeframe-develop@lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freeframe-develop
>
>
> Am 09.07.2006 um 06:02 schrieb billy gomberg:
>
>> no, because as you say, there are none! i’m using the mac (g4/5)
>> compatible collection from here
>>
>> http://www.troikatronix.com/freeframe.html
>>
>> where there is also source code available
>>
>> On Jul 8, 2006, at 8:33 AM, Jeremy Bernstein wrote:
>>
>>> Are you using intel-compatible freeframe objects? Last I checked,
>>> there were none. I’ll have a look at the code, though, and see if
>>> there’s a problem.
>>>
>>> jb
>>>
>>> Am 07.07.2006 um 19:10 schrieb billy gomberg:
>>>
>>>> hey team,
>>>>
>>>> i’m adjusting to my macbook pro (my titanium’s screen snapped
>>>> off…) and am working all my patches up to speed and am unable
>>>> to load freeframe effects.
>>>>
>>>> i get this error
>>>>
>>>> "jit.freeframe: no fptr for plugin"
>>>>
>>>> and
>>>>
>>>> "jit.freeframe: effect xyz not found"
>>>>
>>>> the files are all where they used to be…..
>>>>
>>>> i have the feeling i am basically waiting on universal freeframe
>>>> support, yeah?
>>>>
>>>> thanks!
>>>>
>>>> billy
>>>> fraufraulein.com
>>>
>>
>


July 18, 2006 | 10:55 am

Great to hear.

jb

Am 17.07.2006 um 18:34 schrieb billy gomberg:

> Jeremy,
>
> thanks for the research + link!
>
> (I was on vacation – yes folks, VACATION) so I just got to this today.
>
> A brief run though these effects in my patches did not turn up any
> problems.
>
> b
> fraufraulein.com


Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)