Forums > MaxMSP

freeze attr

January 22, 2010 | 1:41 pm

Hello,

Is there any way (; max message for example) to freeze all attributes at once?

Thx

January 22, 2010 | 8:07 pm

No. But it’s highly unlikely that you would need to do so. Attributes which appear in italic are the only one not to be saved with the patcher.

January 27, 2010 | 9:23 pm

Many times I do some testing on attr, then, later I want to keep the settings.
So I need to search and freeze for each one, for each object.

No ; max message or something to freeze all at once?

Consider my post as a feature request.

January 28, 2010 | 1:25 am

Do you have specific examples in mind where this would be useful?

January 28, 2010 | 11:17 am

Hey! This seems to be a basic and usefull feature for the user!
But I suppose it’s not for the programmer?

January 28, 2010 | 4:35 pm

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Something like 95% of the UI objects already store their attributes (so there’s no need of freezing them). Non-UI object works differently because you can also type the name of the attributes as argument which therefore might conflict with what you freeze in the inspector. So if you have an example feel free to post it.

February 5, 2010 | 2:51 pm

Okay ej. There is no patch to provide, but imagine I change the camera position for the render, in my scene.
Now I close my patch … OOoops my settings are lost because I did not freeze the param.

An easy way would be:
[closebang] -> "; max freezeallattr"

this example is with one param, but as you know we deal with tens.
It is really boring to reach each @ one by one in the inspector, and there is no more shortcut to freeze a selected one (would be another feature: select in the inspector then freeze without mouse).

I don’t make a confusion between typing the attr inside the object and reach it in the inspector, I’m only speaking here about working with the inspector exclusively.

February 5, 2010 | 2:58 pm

it’s just you wouldn’t want to use a freezeallattr ;-) look at what happens when you freeze the patching_rect attribute for instance, move your object in the patch, save and reopen…

February 8, 2010 | 1:38 pm

"OOoops my settings are lost because I did not freeze the param."
In this case you would better store it in the patch. If you change it with a named number box, throw an autopattr into the patch and all is saved…
Its a different way of thinking. It is way easier to think in parameters to a patch than in attributes to objects in a patch…
It might be time to think about easy preset handling in general…

Stefan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)