Forums > MaxMSP

FTM mess and object not added to application

December 21, 2010 | 2:10 am

Hey everyone, I am making an application for a project but when i change the patcher to an app the ftm object and message seem not to be included and show up as shown below. They are both for a aka.wiimote patch but would this make any difference? Any Help?

J

Patch included below – it is actually a sub patch to a larger patch but i think this is where I'm having problems and the ftm object is causing my patch not to run…

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

[attachment=149563,1576]

Attachments:
  1. Screenshot20101221at02.03.06.png

pid
December 21, 2010 | 9:48 am

ftm provide a standalone ‘maker’ in their distribution that you must use

December 21, 2010 | 4:55 pm

Any help regarding this process? I have gone into the ftm standalone folder and opened the zip files for the Ante and the post ‘droplets’ (I think they are called) and it says to drop the drop the "ftm-externals" folder onto the "FTMStandaloneAnte" droplet…. I don’t know where this is. Is it the folder that appears called externals when I click the Ante Object or is it the file called ‘externals’ in the FTM.2.5.0.BETA.14-Max5 which I have move in there? It then says..

3. create your Max standalone as usual:
– build standalone into this folder("FTMStandalone")
– make sure to choose the "application" format
4. drop the standalone on the "FTMStandalonePost" droplet

Does that mean I have to SAVE the app in the folder or add the folder in the builder window when making the app?

Sorry for being an outstandingly big NOOB… rest assured i’m embarrased that i can;t figure this out but I have had a good few goes.

j

December 21, 2010 | 6:41 pm

Ah ok, so I figured it out but it tells me I have other ftm objects in my file path… how do I go about changing that?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)