Forums > MaxMSP

FTM problem when loading Max

January 27, 2007 | 2:10 am

Hi,

I’m on an Intel MacBook Pro and had installed and been using FTM fine. I’ve been working on a patch with FTM objects today.

Mysteriously though, now I can’t load Max. (It begins to load and then quits unexpectedly). If I remove _ftm_.pat from Max StartUp then Max loads fine. Has anyone else experienced this?

I’ve tried reinstalling Max 4.6 and reinstalling FTM, but the same problem recurs. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Andrew

January 28, 2007 | 12:30 am

January 28, 2007 | 3:13 pm

It was late, I even forgot to post the link (-:

http://listes.ircam.fr/wws/info/ftm

++

J?

Andrew Robertson a ?crit :
> Hi,
>
> I’m on an Intel MacBook Pro and had installed and been using FTM fine. I’ve been working on a patch with FTM objects today.
>
> Mysteriously though, now I can’t load Max. (It begins to load and then quits unexpectedly). If I remove _ftm_.pat from Max StartUp then Max loads fine. Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> I’ve tried reinstalling Max 4.6 and reinstalling FTM, but the same problem recurs. Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew
> _______________________________________________
> maxmsp mailing list
> maxmsp@cycling74.com
> http://www.cycling74.com/mailman/listinfo/maxmsp
>
>

January 29, 2007 | 4:18 pm

Thanks for the link – I’ve posted there too.

I have recently filled up a lot of the internal drive with various audio files from recording. Could this cause this kind of problem? It seems strange that it had been working fine for a month or so, and then suddenly decides to crash..

February 1, 2007 | 3:54 pm

Hi,

For the sake of completeness, I finally solved this problem. I’d been re-saving the ftm help files. My Max app seems to think that the usual Max help files are intended to be opened with help viewer, not max. So by re-saving them I can open them more easily.

Having trashed these files, it seems it’s loading fine.
Strange, but having solved this one is great!

I do however, have a new problem.

Loading Tristan Jehan’s analyzer~ on intel, I get
"old CFM externals not allowed."

I have vecLibframework installed.

Anyhow, FTM is back. Cool.

February 1, 2007 | 8:34 pm

February 2, 2007 | 5:09 pm

Thanks for that Emmanuel.

Indeed, I’d downloaded the Mac version, but not the UB (beta) port.
Working fine now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)