Forums > MaxMSP

fullscreen view switching

November 13, 2009 | 11:36 am

Hi All,

I have been trying to get a fullscreen patch to work with numerous sub-patches as different views to an interface. and it kind of works, but I can not get it to start up in fullscreen (for all sub views / or sub patches ) in a way that one might expect a full screen app to work.

So I switch between views as you can see in this patch… my question is this:

Is there a more elegant way to do this , so as to smoothly start up and be able to switch between the views; and not have a black space where the system (os x) menu bar seems to want to sit ???

Thanks for any tips, regards,
Carlitos

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Ch
November 13, 2009 | 6:49 pm

Hi,

would that fit your need? :

November 13, 2009 | 9:28 pm

YES Ch,

That’s cool thanks!
This combined with ‘embed in parent patch’, and ‘open in presentation mode’ gives me exactly what I need.
I also prefer the use of bpatcher so that all subpatches are now physically different files. tight. Cheers!

November 14, 2009 | 12:00 pm

Hey hello,
i used to use that script too, its good but you have to know that if the patch you open in the bpatcher are more complicated , it can sometimes cut the audio process (a short interruption but you still hear it)..

if it becomes a problem you will have to use poly~ instead, since max 5 poly~ doesn’t interrupt sound when you change patch on the fly…

the use of poly~ will be more like the first approach but with all the patch as physically different files too.

November 15, 2009 | 12:06 pm

thanks freeka, I hadn’t come across that, but is for sure good to know

concerning the bpatcher; my approach (for now) on my current gig will be thus: see pasted patch below

…opting to use the offset attribute to move he view around in one single subpatch, instead of using multiple max files as subviews.

For me, ideal would be if one could actually put multiple subpatches (p mySubPatch) inside a bpatcher. Or point the bpatcher to mxf files instead of maxpat files in order to keep everything locked up once deployed.

I have seen this question asked before in the forum (but could not find an answer), and interpreting the bpathcer help one might presume that one can put p subpatches inside a bpatcher…. so is this true or is it not? I have not been able to get it to work if it is….

kind regards, carlitos.

November 18, 2009 | 2:47 pm
freeka wrote on Sat, 14 November 2009 13:00
Hey hello,
i used to use that script too, its good but you have to know that if the patch you open in the bpatcher are more complicated , it can sometimes cut the audio process (a short interruption but you still hear it)..

This would only happen if there are audio objects in the patch. It should be easy to keep only the UI part in the bpatcher and the audio outside. The other option would be to put all into a single bpatcher and move views of the bpatcher as explained in the help file of bpatcher…

Yet another option would be to put bpatchers on top of each other and simply hide all but one…

Stefan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)