Forums > MaxMSP

Function: How to control function "points" in real time? Noob Question…

March 19, 2011 | 2:52 pm

Hey all … I am trying to control the points within the Function object in real time (for live control of a synth). This soft of works but not really. I would really appreciate if anyone could help by showing in a patch what to do… Thanks !!!

March 19, 2011 | 5:35 pm

Hi
to dynamically add points, use [pak i f] to a message then bang the message; [function] expects x-y coordinates for new points:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Brendan

March 19, 2011 | 6:14 pm

Thanks so so much Brendan ! But I would ALSO like to be able to MOVE the points in real time… IS there a way to do this WHILE the sound (or whatever) is playing WITHOUT sending a bang ? Like, I just change a flownum or int and the lines (or points) dynamically move… ? Thanks again !

March 19, 2011 | 8:12 pm

This sounds a little counter-intuitive: changing an envelope once it has been triggered, unless you’re talking about longer durations. Look at the helpfile for [function], there should be advice/example on moving points once there are set.

Brendan

March 19, 2011 | 9:56 pm

ps

I’ll have a look at this and get back to you later….

March 19, 2011 | 11:40 pm

try this; not perfect – you might need to look at [coll] to store x-y coords?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

Brendan

March 20, 2011 | 5:07 am

Thanks man ! So far this is what I want … I will tweak and get back with you … unless you found out more stuff ?!?!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)