Forums > MaxMSP

Gain object

April 18, 2012 | 8:28 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a Gain object that looks similar to the Live Gain with the read out on the bottom. I like the look of the Live gain but it does not always work with what I am doing.
Thanks

April 18, 2012 | 11:36 pm

Odd request. "Is there an object that is just like the one that I don’t want?"

Perhaps you could state what it is about live.gain~ that doesn’t work for you?

April 19, 2012 | 4:17 am

[*~] rocks.

April 19, 2012 | 4:42 am

Like this?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 19, 2012 | 7:07 pm

Their are certain functions that do not work well with the live gain but work fine with the normal gain object. I am basically looking for a normal gain object but with the look of the live gain.

April 19, 2012 | 9:46 pm

Way to get specific. The answer is no, without details. With details, there may be ways to coax behavior that you might like out of it.

April 19, 2012 | 10:27 pm

there is really not much to get specific on that I have not already said, I am trying to find a regular gain object that looks ascetically pleasing. So a the standard gain object functions just looks like either a real gain slider/ or the live gain

April 19, 2012 | 11:27 pm

I quit using gain~ completely once I found the live.gain~ object and haven’t been in a situation that has given me any trouble. I’m curious what you’ve run into.

Here are some (maybe obvious) ways to tweak live.gain~.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 19, 2012 | 11:38 pm

Oh sorry…. I read the original post as "looks live.gain withOUT the read out."

Pardon the above.

April 20, 2012 | 2:20 am

There’s plenty to get specific about. Specifically those "certain functions" you say don’t work well with live.gain~. I’m very curious about what those functions are.

April 20, 2012 | 3:27 am

seriosly: just make your own using bpatcher.

and if you are too lazy to program it yourself, just make another interface for the existing object.

April 20, 2012 | 1:00 pm

I do not know what those functions are I was told that I would have issues with the Live slider with certain things .. i just was not told what those are. i have only been using Max for 2 weeks

April 20, 2012 | 2:24 pm

Ah ok. I think you should just try using live.gain~ if you’re that new to Max and you like the look of the object. I’m still not sure what those missing features could be or whether they really are missing. What I do know is that since the live.gain~ object is based on a GUI element of Ableton Live I doubt you’re going to find an external with the same look.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)