Gaussian on multiple sketch shapes!?

Jun 18, 2009 at 11:43am

Gaussian on multiple sketch shapes!?

Dear Community,

I’m working on a patch that is creating 8 different shapes with jit.gl.sketch to be displayed on a jit.window.
What I now need is a blur on that objects.
By capturing the sketch object containing the 8 shapes to a texture, and pass that through jit.gl.slab.gauss6x on a videoplane worked pretty fine.

But now I want to be able to control the blur amount of each shape separately.
Therefor I created 8 sketch and 8 videoplane objects – but now I have compositing/timing/blending problems on how to display the sketches on the jit.window.

Here’s my patch simplified with only 2 sketch-objects sent through the blur to a videoplane each.
I hope someone can disclose the mystery how these objects can work together well.
Thanks!

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Jun 18, 2009 at 12:00pm

hi,

I think you need to tell videoplane object which texture you want, like, ‘jit.gl.videoplane @texture tex2′ mor text1 and remove the @automatic 0′

Luis Marques

Jun 18, 2009 at 12:51pm

Thanks a lot Luis!
one last issue: The blending of the two textures. By trying it with colormode max tends to crash. I hope someone could help me out with that last thing.
Updated patch follows. There should be the red and the white circle visible.

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:36pm

in each of your gl.sketch command list messages, replace “reset” with “reset, glclearcolor 0. 0. 0. 0., glclear”

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:48pm

hi,

I don’t know if this is a good solution, perhaps you should try poly~ to draw many circles simultaneous on the jit.window.
hope this can help.

Luis Marques

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.