gen~ to AU export fails on Rez error

Feb 20, 2014 at 3:39pm

gen~ to AU export fails on Rez error

Hi… me again…

so I finally managed to get my gen~ patch working as intended. Fine! (Thanks for the input from Nonlocality… didn’t use any of it, but made some stuff clearer)

Now I’d like to turn it into an AU/VST (using Xcode on mac os 10.9) … i followed all the instructions in the wiki specifically, even checked, that all the param have an inital value and a range 0..1, that the CoreAudio Developer tools are in the right directories, etc etc…

Now everytime I try to build the .component file a Rez error turns up, it ends in:

Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez failed with exit code 2

Can anyone here help me with that? I tried google of course, but this is all very complicated and just surpasses my very very little knowledge about C++

Here is the complete highlighted part, that turns up in the log:
Rez /Users/benediktsailer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/DeBleed-brecwthcjnequdfrbvaxcstocmsu/Build/Intermediates/DeBleed.build/Debug/DeBleed.build/ResourceManagerResources/Objects/DeBleed-B73E46FE811B19A3.rsrc DeBleed.r
cd /Users/benediktsailer/Downloads/AUGenExport-v02/DeBleed
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez -o /Users/benediktsailer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/DeBleed-brecwthcjnequdfrbvaxcstocmsu/Build/Intermediates/DeBleed.build/Debug/DeBleed.build/ResourceManagerResources/Objects/DeBleed-B73E46FE811B19A3.rsrc -d SystemSevenOrLater=1 -useDF -script Roman -d x86_64_YES -d i386_YES -I /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/Headers -I /Applications/Developer/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/AUBase -arch x86_64 -arch i386 -i /Users/benediktsailer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/DeBleed-brecwthcjnequdfrbvaxcstocmsu/Build/Products/Debug -i /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/Headers -i /Applications/Developer/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/AUBase -i /Applications/Developer/CoreAudio/../../../../../../Applications/Developer/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/Utility -i /Applications/Developer/CoreAudio/../../../../../../Applications/Developer/CoreAudio/PublicUtility -i /Users/benediktsailer/Downloads/AUGenExport-v02/DeBleed/gen_dsp -i /Applications/Developer/CoreAudio/../../../../../../Applications/Developer/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/AUBase -i /Users/benediktsailer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/DeBleed-brecwthcjnequdfrbvaxcstocmsu/Build/Products/Debug -i /Users/benediktsailer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/DeBleed-brecwthcjnequdfrbvaxcstocmsu/Build/Products/Debug/include -i /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk /Users/benediktsailer/Downloads/AUGenExport-v02/DeBleed/DeBleed.r

/Users/benediktsailer/Downloads/AUGenExport-v02/DeBleed/AUResources.r:85: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Literal overflow.
/Users/benediktsailer/Downloads/AUGenExport-v02/DeBleed/AUResources.r:85: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Expected ';', ',' or '}', but got identifier (DIKTSAILER)
/Users/benediktsailer/Downloads/AUGenExport-v02/DeBleed/AUResources.r:85: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Literal spans lines.
/Users/benediktsailer/Downloads/AUGenExport-v02/DeBleed/DeBleed.r: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Since errors occurred, /Users/benediktsailer/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/DeBleed-brecwthcjnequdfrbvaxcstocmsu/Build/Intermediates/DeBleed.build/Debug/DeBleed.build/ResourceManagerResources/Objects/DeBleed-B73E46FE811B19A3.rsrc's resource fork was not written.
Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez failed with exit code 2

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:21am

Looks like line 85 of your AUResources.r has is not valid. See these error messages:

/Users/benediktsailer/Downloads/AUGenExport-v02/DeBleed/AUResources.r:85: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Literal overflow.
/Users/benediktsailer/Downloads/AUGenExport-v02/DeBleed/AUResources.r:85: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Expected ';', ',' or '}', but got identifier (DIKTSAILER)
/Users/benediktsailer/Downloads/AUGenExport-v02/DeBleed/AUResources.r:85: ### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/Rez - Literal spans lines.

I think that value can only be 4 letters long, but that is a guess because I don’t have your file to look at.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.