Geometric/Physcial modelling.

Apr 22, 2008 at 8:28pm

Geometric/Physcial modelling.

Hi all, hope the tension is bearable coming up to the max 5 release :)

a quick qs. i was wondering if any of you had experience/info regarding geometric modelling. typically i would like to put some gestural data through a 2d/3d grid that would model some level of physical attributes to the input, and pass on some numbers to a synthesis engine. it a hard topic to find info on. I have someting done in VVVV (graphical) and was trying to get something similar in Max.msp.jit. im guessing it will involve jitter matrices in some way.

any help greatly appreciated.
thanks

#37071
Apr 23, 2008 at 3:56pm

maybe im being crazy?

#127608
Apr 23, 2008 at 4:08pm

Quote: rory.stjohn@gmail.com wrote on Wed, 23 April 2008 17:56
—————————————————-
> maybe im being crazy?
—————————————————-

no, you’re not. i’m also pretty sure it would involve some jitter matrices ;)

but seriously. i’m sorry, i personally can’t help you with this, but i’m sure there are others around that can.
maybe the jitter forum is a better place to ask?

regards,
kjg

#127609
Apr 23, 2008 at 4:50pm

a couple options for physical modeling:
the pmpd objects.
the jit.lua ode mod

#127610
Apr 23, 2008 at 6:30pm

Robert Ramirez schrieb:
> a couple options for physical modeling:
> the pmpd objects.
> the jit.lua ode mod

and Percolate…

Stefan


Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

#127611
Apr 23, 2008 at 7:15pm

hi,
from your description I am not exactly sure what you are trying to
achieve. first I thought you were talking about sound, but now I think
you meant interaction of 3d objects?
as rob already mentioned ode is a good place to start with rigid object
interaction, python offers an ode package. mass spring damper
functionality is included in pmpd and msd externals.
does this help you?
marius.

chrome-metronome wrote:
> Hi all, hope the tension is bearable coming up to the max 5 release :)
>
> a quick qs. i was wondering if any of you had experience/info regarding geometric modelling. typically i would like to put some gestural data through a 2d/3d grid that would model some level of physical attributes to the input, and pass on some numbers to a synthesis engine. it a hard topic to find info on. I have someting done in VVVV (graphical) and was trying to get something similar in Max.msp.jit. im guessing it will involve jitter matrices in some way.
>
> any help greatly appreciated.
> thanks
>

#127612
Apr 23, 2008 at 8:11pm

msd works well too

http://tinyurl.com/63oqvm

~s
On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:28 PM, chrome-metronome
wrote:
>
> Hi all, hope the tension is bearable coming up to the max 5 release :)
>
> a quick qs. i was wondering if any of you had experience/info regarding geometric modelling. typically i would like to put some gestural data through a 2d/3d grid that would model some level of physical attributes to the input, and pass on some numbers to a synthesis engine. it a hard topic to find info on. I have someting done in VVVV (graphical) and was trying to get something similar in Max.msp.jit. im guessing it will involve jitter matrices in some way.
>
> any help greatly appreciated.
> thanks

#127613
Apr 24, 2008 at 12:36am

yes great this is the kinda stuff im after. sorry for the bad terminology.

thanks alot

#127614
Apr 24, 2008 at 1:25am

ya the PDMP plugs look the trick! it was actually from an ALi Momeni paper i got the concept from. theyre a bit hard to grasp at first tho :

#127615
Apr 24, 2008 at 4:55pm

> ya the PDMP plugs look the trick! it was actually from an ALi Momeni
> paper i got the concept from. theyre a bit hard to grasp at first
> tho :

I’ve made a set of abstraction and a kind of tutorial for PMPD :
mc.PMPD : http://www.mathieuchamagne.com/max.htm
please have a look at it !

MathieU

________________
Mathieu Chamagne
mathieu.chamagne@free.fr

http://mathieuchamagne.com

http://www.maxobjects.com

#127616
Apr 24, 2008 at 5:59pm

Wow.
Thank you this is really incredible.

Parag.

I’ve made a set of abstraction and a kind of tutorial for PMPD :
> mc.PMPD : http://www.mathieuchamagne.com/max.htm
> please have a look at it !
>
> MathieU
>
> ________________
> Mathieu Chamagne
> mathieu.chamagne@free.fr
>
> http://mathieuchamagne.com
> http://www.maxobjects.com
>
>
>
>

#127617
Apr 25, 2008 at 12:48pm

brilliant thanks alot for the help!!

#127618
Apr 30, 2008 at 4:39pm

hello again Mathieu..

in my Externals, i have pmpd.mass2d

whereas your objects are

mc.pmpd.mass2d

i think this might have effected the way i view you patches as there are no outlets to your objects. is this the case? thanks
r

#127619
May 2, 2008 at 7:03am

#127620
May 7, 2008 at 2:38pm

hmm.. i have the objects downloaded and in my external folder. i can call up the pdmp objects. just when i go to open your patches/tuts/abstractions i get errors ::::

• error: mc.pmpd.link.param: No such object
• error: mc.pmpd.link: No such object
• error: mc.pmpd.mass: No such object

so if i try to rename you object from “mc.pmpd.mass cloc @gr mass @id 1 @Xmin 0. @Xmax 100.” to “pdmp.mass @gr. …..”,, i get bad argument.

also, i notice that some of your abstractions use the RIght inlet on pdmp objects? i do not have a right inlet on most of mine, only the ‘link’ one.

maybe i downloaded old ones? or am i missing something?
i would greatly appreaciate some more examples on this.
thanks for your help so far
r

#127621
May 7, 2008 at 3:23pm

#127622
May 7, 2008 at 4:09pm

just in case you read it thru the web forum, here are the URLs :

PMPD library :
PMPD mac UB : PMPD_UB http://www.mathieuchamagne.com/max/PMPD_UB.zip
PMPD for windows : pmpd-for-max-xp.zip http://drpichon.free.fr/pmpd/download/pmpd-for-max-xp.zip
mc.pmpd :
lattest version is : mc.PMPD_1.05 http://www.mathieuchamagne.com/max/mc.PMPD_1.05.zip

Mathieu

________________
Mathieu Chamagne
mathieu.chamagne@free.fr

http://mathieuchamagne.com

http://www.maxobjects.com

#127623
May 7, 2008 at 4:21pm

ah yes.. i have them now!! :) i didnt realise that the mc. were infact a whole patch. thanks alot! now to make some sense of it all! :)

thanks again & i hope you enjoying some nice weather

#127624

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.