Forums > Max For Live

Getting Live timeline info into M4L

April 11, 2013 | 7:18 pm

I’m not sure if this is easy and I’m missing something, or it’s difficult but I’m not finding any info on the subject.

We’re building a system for a show that has video slaving off of the Live set through SMPTE. Unfortunately the video system is SMPTE only, so we were putting together a quick M4L patch using the smpte~ external by Mattijs Kneppers. Great external, but we need to have the object slave off the Live timeline.

Is there some way to feed/get the timeline info from Live into M4L somehow? I know we could just stripe a track SMPTE, which is fine and probably what we’ll end up doing, but as a challenge I thought this would be a good exercise and potentially useful in the future. Many thanks!

Jeff Merkel

April 12, 2013 | 10:08 am

Try the device in this thread, it outputs the timeline position from Arrange mode to my knowledge, looked at it last night for another project…

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=25753

Cheers
D

April 12, 2013 | 10:57 am

[plugsync~] provides tempo relative time (beats) which can be translated to absolute time.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

April 13, 2013 | 5:08 pm

Huge thanks guys! [plugsync~] was exactly the ticket! [translate] is pretty sweet too. I hadn’t seen that one before! Very helpful indeed. Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)