Forums > MaxMSP

Getting max to find saved sub patches

December 8, 2011 | 1:05 pm

Ok so i have saved a sub patch and am reading that this should apparently allow you to name a new object the same, with max finding it and creating that object from the saved file. Without you having to manually go around opening files.

This is not working for me however, i have made sure that the files i have saved my sub patches in are in Max’s search path but still it wont find the saved sub patches. Anyone know what im doing wrong?

Cheers guyzzz

December 8, 2011 | 1:21 pm

If you’re wanting to open an abstraction (a saved patch) I find you have to type the name of it manually first, following that autocomplete should work.

EDIT: Additionally, abstractions are useful for pocketing regularly used patchers and using them like objects. Is this definitely what you’re trying to do?

December 8, 2011 | 2:00 pm

Yes sorry i think thats what i meant, an abstraction. For using multiple times in the same project for example, like an oscillator.

Oh right yeah its working, i just have to type in the whole title. I thought it would come up and assist my lazy fingers as i was typing, like it did in the mans video tutorial. Thanks mate!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)