Forums > MaxMSP

getting multiple skeletal data from OSCeleton to max

July 1, 2011 | 6:11 pm

Hi all,

What is the limit, if there is any, to the number of skeletons that can be simultaneously tracked by OSCeleton. I know it can track two skeletons.

Also, can the skeletal data of these two users be accessed in max at the same time? Perhaps by sending the skeletal data of user1 to the default port and the data of user2 to another port? Or is there any other way?

Or does OSCeleton send the data of both users in the same packet but under different user-id tags, and if so, how can they be unpacked separately in max?

Right now, even when there are two people being tracked by the Kinect, I am only getting the skeletal data of the user that was calibrated first.

Hope somebody can help me out.

Thanks,

ajoshi

July 1, 2011 | 7:27 pm

Im not sure of the limit, however I remember it detecting up to 4 users when various people would walk into the frame while testing. We were only using two people for the project. The following worked for me when separating out the users.

Nate

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

July 6, 2011 | 3:33 pm

Thank you, that seems to work great. Also, do you know if it is possible to run two instances of OSCeleton on the same machine, each receiving data from 2 different kinects and sending them to max via different ports. I am trying to get two kinects set up so that it can cover a larger volume.

Thanks,
ajoshi

Bas
May 25, 2012 | 6:28 pm

Hi, i am trying your patch Nate,

But i can’t figure out where i can get the data from? (like r_hand or l_hand), Can you maybe help me out with this?

May 25, 2012 | 8:29 pm

Try connecting two print objects from the gate. If all is well with your setup you should get the data.

You may also want to look into jpbellona’s "Kinect-via-Synapse Max Interface". http://cycling74.com/toolbox/kinect-via-synapse-max-interface/

Nate

Bas
May 27, 2012 | 8:01 pm

Nate,

Okay the print function works, i am getting all the data in my max window:) But now i want to isolate a few of the point (like left and right hand) and get the coordinates of then in number objects in my max patch. Could you maybe help me out with this? It will be the last thing i need.

I am new to MaxMSP and doing a Power project on school with it so i am trying to learn as much as possible in a few weeks so that is why i am asking a few things ;)

Already Thx

May 27, 2012 | 10:07 pm

At this point I will suggest checking out the excellent documentation provided and going through the tutorials (go to Help->Max Help in the menubar). Also checking out the "Max Objects by Function" would be of use. You can always alt-click on an object and this will bring up an example use of the object.

Spending a little time figuring out the documentation and how to use it will pay off. Good luck and i hope you find this *route helpful with your question!

Nate

Bas
May 28, 2012 | 11:08 am

Nate,

I got it! it works perfect now! Its so much simpler then i thought, i am really starting to like MaxMsp.

Bas
June 5, 2012 | 9:26 am

Hi am struggling to get it working for 4 users, i can’t get the if statements right, can one of you help me?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)