Forums > Max For Live

getting the ID of a certain Parameter from the Live API

March 19, 2013 | 2:56 pm

I'm browsing the API documetatin for some time now, but can't find any examples if there is an easy way to get an ID of a certain parameter in a device (inside the device)…
As the code will be inside the device, it should be the "live.path" object with an argument i guess like "live.path this_device parameters ???" but don't know if there is any direct reference i can get to an automatable parameter somehow (not with mouseclick, i can do that)…

am i missing something, or ???

thx in advance for any help,
Kevin

[attachment=218244,5211]

Attachments:
  1. m4l.jpg

March 19, 2013 | 7:59 pm

To get the parameter ID you need calculating the path.

[attachment=218279,5215]

Attachments:
  1. Picture1.png

March 19, 2013 | 10:49 pm

Thanx Broc, i see your example and understand but how i will know the parameter number? :) If i know the parameter number then certainly i can get the ID, but what if there is a certain knob in the device i want to get the ID of? How i can refer to that? how i can get what parameter number it is in the device? Also, is the parameter numbers dynamic (like the IDs) or the parameter number is always the same in a device?

Thanx again for the help,
Kevin

March 20, 2013 | 1:02 am

You can generate the list of parameter names which reflects the numbering.
Numbers in a device are always the same unless you add/delete a parameter.

[attachment=218315,5218]

Attachments:
  1. Picture2.png

March 20, 2013 | 3:49 am

thanx Broc, i see then… i have to iterate the parameters and select the id i need! Thought maybe i can use the name in the path, but then it’s not the case… thanx again for your help!

Kevin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)