Forums > Jitter

gl clock-moving the second hand smoothy

November 24, 2009 | 9:22 am

hello all

any help would be great, i am just abit stuck….

the problem is that when the hours hand is moved more than a couple of hours at once, the second hand spins around and around very fast and it looks like it jumps from one place to another, i would like the second hand to move smoothy.

the patch will be use as a touch screen, as a user you with press on the hour hand, as you move the hour hand around it will move a video backward and forwards in time, this bit is sorted its just a bit of background.

it got some loadbangs

thanks in advance

Ben

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

November 24, 2009 | 11:14 pm

just had a look, isnt it just a case of the second hand moving so fast that your frame rate cannot cope to display the steps?

November 25, 2009 | 6:42 pm

setting the qmetro to 5 and removing the speedlim object worked for me.
i would recommend toggling the @sync attribute of jit.window and determine which looks better. i would guess enabling sync is the best solution.

but yeah, as in all computer graphics your limited by your display refresh rate.

November 26, 2009 | 10:14 am

thanks for the relays, it does look better with sync on, yeah i think it is the frame rate, i have set the second hand to be *3 instead if *12 too, it not accurate any more but i dont think people will care.

thanks ben

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)