gl.gridshape maps to multi nurbs surfaces

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:05pm

gl.gridshape maps to multi nurbs surfaces

By splitting my movies (with jit.submatrix) and putting each piece onto a gl.nurbs surface via gl.texture I have a nice corrected multi projector setup and very pleased I was until…

If I want to move anything around on top of my corrected movie projection using GL (like a GLgridshape) then obviously it goes outside of the nurbs surface.

As a workaround I can send the gl.gridshape to a jit.matrix (with jit.gl.asyncread) and feed it into my display corrector where it gets split and mapped to the nurbs surfaces, but that is going from GPU-CPU-GPU again so kills the frame rate and its pretty messy as I have a separate named gl scene. Does anyone have any ideas about a better way to do this? Am I making myself clear? I can post a patch but I’m going to need to do a lot of tidying first!

Aug 23, 2010 at 4:19pm

this response is no surprise i’m sure, but post a patch.

Aug 23, 2010 at 6:11pm

Yeah, it’s hard to tell without seeing what you mean by “display corrector” .

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:35pm

Yeah, sorry, was just fishing while I sorted it out. Consider my wrist slapped.

Here’s an example patch, you should see what I’m on about.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Aug 24, 2010 at 12:06am

It seems like what you are looking for is a way to capture both the video and the geometry to a texture and then split that texture between 2 jit.gl.nurbs objects. Below is one way to do what you like. I use jit.gl.sketch to drive the capture, and jit.gl.slab with td.resample.jxs to split the texture.

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:10am

Ahh, that’s perfect Andrew! Thanks very much, its been bugging me for a while. I thought it would be something to do with combining textures, but couldn’t quite figure out how to cut up the geometry. I guess its all there in the examples if you can find it!

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:18pm

Hmm, having another problem now. In my proper patch I am using jit.gl.multiple with gridshape, and it does not seem to want to be captured. I have tried various things, but I think I may be misunderstanding exactly how gl.multiple works or something. I’m not sure if I should be trying to capture multiple or the gridshape, I’ve tried both, but I think the multi is just bypassing gl.sketch.

I have incorporated it into the example so you can see what I mean.

Aug 24, 2010 at 1:07pm

Ahh, got it, the gl.multiple needed @transform_reset 2

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.