Forums > MaxMSP

glitchless VST outside of Max can be clicky when used with [vst~]

February 25, 2014 | 2:47 am

Hi there,
I’m using a Reaktor ensemble as VST in Max.
I noticed the global event loop in Reaktor seems clicky: sometimes there is one clicks. Almost regularly.

Please don’t tell me to port the patch to Max. That could be a solution in the future, but not now.

Is there a way to optimize the integration/execution of a Reaktor ensemble as VST, or more globally a VST in Max ?

Did I forget about something somewhere …?

Any help would be very appreciated :)

February 27, 2014 | 2:42 am

any ideas ?

February 27, 2014 | 5:43 am

I use Reaktor (and many other VSTs simultaneously in max 5 with no issues. However have you checked CPU utilization and have you checked your buffer length (latency) that Max is using)

Also, I’ve found that different audio interfaces can have an impact. I just switched from MOTU to RME last month and I’m able to work with lower latency

February 27, 2014 | 5:49 am

it doesn’t seem to be a latency issue at all.
the same VST outside Max runs fine with my RME, even with my built-in output etc.

digging more…

February 27, 2014 | 9:00 am

What version of Max?

February 27, 2014 | 9:18 am


February 27, 2014 | 12:33 pm

Can you try running 5.1.9?

I’ve had a lot of grief with Max 6 but max 5 has been essentially flawless. It’s been hard to get test cases to the cycling74 team so it would be interesting to see if someone else experiences the same behavior with Max 6 vs max 5 when running VSTs

February 27, 2014 | 12:36 pm

That would require to reinstall 5.x and "compile" it to an standalone in my case. why not…

February 27, 2014 | 12:55 pm

testing on tomorrow.
seems good on my laptop with 5.1.9 … curiously ;)

something more (and bad), using it on the production version on 6.1.6 running as 32bit … that SHOULD be 64bit, btw.

February 27, 2014 | 3:38 pm

If you have a Reaktor ensemble which is glitching in vst~ please send it in to support



February 27, 2014 | 3:42 pm

@Andrew, testing at first to run my max standalone packed for 64bit.. which should have been the case! Then, doing that if it still doesn’t work fine.

to be more precise: these are not massive glitching.. just sometimes (not every time at the same moment, but about each 1 minute, there is a small click)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)