Forums > Jitter

gltranslate for two planes

June 5, 2014 | 1:59 pm

I’m attempting to control the positioning of two planes fed to one jit.gl.sketch and am running into an issue where the first plane is positioned properly while the second plane ignores the gltranslate information being fed into it. I’m wondering if this is a possibility and if so, where I may be going wrong in my logic.

Thanks

June 6, 2014 | 2:03 pm

you’re patch is translating the second plane, not the first.
the call to "gltranslate" needs to come before the call to "plane"

June 6, 2014 | 2:14 pm

Ah, yes… of course. Right. So, I guess my follow up question would be this. It appears that $3 & $4 are being modified by the x,y of the first plane, so when the first plane numbers are manipulated they impact the position of the second plane. Is there a way to separate these so that the x/y of the first plane does not impact the x/y of the second plane? I need them to be set separately if possible. Thanks for the insight with this.

June 6, 2014 | 2:55 pm

Here you go !

June 6, 2014 | 2:57 pm
– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

June 6, 2014 | 2:58 pm

You made a mistake by using the right outlet of the float instead of the left one. The rest of the patch explains itself.

June 6, 2014 | 3:51 pm

Ah! Of course… this makes way more sense. I was trying to sort out setting x/y w/moveto but couldn’t get my head around it. This is version four of the process and it seems like I’d started misfiring. Thanks so much for the help, it makes perfect sense now that I see it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)