Forums > Jitter

GLUT with Jitter?

March 13, 2007 | 3:28 pm

Can we use the GLUT library OpenGl with Jitter?


March 13, 2007 | 4:08 pm

Jitter already does everything GLUT does. To what end do you want
GLUT? It’s basically an OS abstraction library for developing
xplatform opengl apps.

wes

On 3/13/07, tenshi wrote:
>
> Can we use the GLUT library OpenGl with Jitter?
>


March 14, 2007 | 11:50 am

What about mxj and JOGL? complex calls and full access to the APIs in
the OpenGL 2.0 world.
Something you can do with gl.lua, but it’s still in beta, isn’t it?

Marco

Wesley Smith wrote:
> Jitter already does everything GLUT does.

> To what end do you want
> GLUT? It’s basically an OS abstraction library for developing
> xplatform opengl apps.
>
> wes
>
> On 3/13/07, tenshi wrote:
>
>>
>> Can we use the GLUT library OpenGl with Jitter?
>>
>
>


March 14, 2007 | 3:54 pm

I’ve never used JOGL, but you can most likely use it in an mxj. As
for gl.lua’s beta status, it’s actually quite stable and is still beta
so that it can be changed if needed without causing uproar. It only
supports up to opengl 1.5 because opengl 20. basically consists of
shaders, mesh, and texture extensions which are fully supported by
jitter objects in a very clean way so there was no need to duplicate
that functionality.

wes

On 3/14/07, marco lorenzin wrote:
>
> What about mxj and JOGL? complex calls and full access to the APIs in
> the OpenGL 2.0 world.
> Something you can do with gl.lua, but it’s still in beta, isn’t it?
>
> Marco
>
> —
>
> Wesley Smith wrote:
> > Jitter already does everything GLUT does.
>
>
> > To what end do you want
> > GLUT? It’s basically an OS abstraction library for developing
> > xplatform opengl apps.
> >
> > wes
> >
> > On 3/13/07, tenshi wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> Can we use the GLUT library OpenGl with Jitter?
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
>


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)