Forums > MaxMSP

Grain cloud delay patch issues

February 22, 2009 | 9:45 am

Dear all,

I an building a delay patch which I eventually want to delay the output of the sound and then granulate the delayed signal (based on pitchAccum from the GRM plugins). The main poly~ for the patch is based on a combination of the rgrain and transposition patches built into max.

The issue at the moment is with the poly~ which is granulating the sound. Whilst the metro is sending a midi signal/trigger without a problem, the trigger inside the poly~ is only triggering when I change the grain length. I see no reason for this as both the midi trigger and the trigger in the poly~ are the same as in the rgrano patch, which works fine.

I am pretty new to Max so I am sure it is something simple that I am missing! As a note, I am only playing with the left-hand channel at the moment so please disregard any errors on the right.

Many thanks in advance for your help
Chris

February 22, 2009 | 2:15 pm

Great news! I have got the patch to work. Turns out it was as simple an issue as I thought; I had the rchoose and number box in the window dur section the wrong way around.

So… now I have it working, I have been presented with another issue: the pitch control doesn’t work as it should. It plays the grains at normal pitch only when the slider is moved to +12 semitones, and when moved below 0 (what should be normal pitch), goes from very low up to high pitch – basically a mirror image of the + side of the slider. I have attached an unpack to monitor what is being sent on the right-hand channel and all the numbers add up to what I want the patch to do – I really am at a loss!

Is it something to do with the way I am sending the info into the comment and to the line? Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Chris

NB I have attached the working version this time

February 27, 2009 | 5:51 pm

Hi
this looks promising,
i saw you used a jsui file called "jsui_xy.js" and i couldn’t find it – am i making a stupid mistake ?
thanks
frank

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)