grid lines > 6 in waveform~? nitpicking inside.

Dec 17, 2009 at 12:41pm

grid lines > 6 in waveform~? nitpicking inside.

Working on a full featured sampler/beat shuffle skipper thing. I divide the size of the buffer by a number and send it to the grid size of waveform~. Unfortunately large numbers such as eight just shows four lines. Sure, the grid sections ARE actually there, but I can’t SEE them darn it! Is this just an unfortunate set back or is there some magical option to change to make more lines appear. I’m too lazy to glance at a waveform~ with 16 slices and have to remember there are 4 extra slices between each line. Don’t make me think, Max. You’re the computer here!

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Dec 17, 2009 at 1:43pm

That’s odd, it seems you have to increase the size of waveform to see more grid lines, pretty inconvenient really.

But, you can use a multislider behind it as a workaround, it actually looks nicer to me as well.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Dec 17, 2009 at 2:17pm

That’s a pretty dope solution. I actually already have a multislider on top of waveform to display the playback position. Multislider & waveform: Max’s answer to Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.

Dec 17, 2009 at 2:19pm

You can actually just use a line $1 message into waveform to display the playback position, but again, I think it looks nicer with a multislider.

Dec 20, 2009 at 5:44pm

Also if you want to draw your own grid, you might want to do that with lcd instead.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.