Forums > MaxMSP

Groove~ How to move the loop points simultaneously?

December 29, 2008 | 2:38 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a simple problem using groove that you might help me solve..

I`m using the groove object and i want to move the loop start and end points at the same time so that i can move the whole loop in real time.
My initial thought was to create a dial having a range of my loaded sample.When i move the dial to the left i want my loop to move to the left till it reaches the sample start point (0) in milliseconds.The same with moving the loop to the right.I tried subtracting (adding) the value 1 from both the loop start and end points so that the whole loop moves to the left/right but i got the stack overflow messages.

I know that there is a button for this job coming with the waveform object but i want to use only the waveform display and have a dial for that job(moving the loop).

I would appreciate any kind of help!
Thank you..

December 29, 2008 | 8:27 pm

do you have an example patch of this?

i don’t see why you couldn’t just drive the inputs to the waveform with the dial and have the outputs directly connected to the groove.

December 29, 2008 | 10:10 pm

like this?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

December 30, 2008 | 1:28 pm

Thank you both for your replies..

The problem is that i want to have to number objects so that the user defines the loop start and end points and after that he is able to move the whole specified loop.

The patch that you posted here is similar to what i was trying to do after i realised i could use the loop length as a parameter to move the loop.
The problem is that when i move the dial (the one that moves the whole loop) i want the number objects to be updated with the new values that the dial has defined.

Im posting the patch here..im sorry it`s a mess..my first patch in Max msp!

Thank you again!

January 6, 2009 | 8:18 am

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)