Forums > MaxMSP

Guitar hero drum machine

May 16, 2011 | 4:40 pm

so want i want is to use a Gutair hero drum kit to trigger samples. I’ve used the [hi] tool and unpack and figured out the values however i’m stuck at the part where it triggers the samples. Do i have to convert it to a different data i.e [mtof].

Any help would be appreciated

May 17, 2011 | 12:29 am

Ok, so i’ve figure out how to load the sample and play it which is fine, it plays the sample when the button on the drum kit is press down, but also when it is released. This causes it to play the sample twice. Is anyone aware of what i need to do to stop it from playing twice?

May 17, 2011 | 12:32 am
– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

There’s my code if it help anyone

May 17, 2011 | 1:05 am

What’s coming out of the [route 50] port? Since I don’t have GuitarHero, I can’t check it. Are there two different values for button down/up? If so, use [select] to choose the value that represents button down and ignore button up. If it’s the same value for both states, then you can have it bang a toggle and then use [select 1] so that it only triggers every other time. Make sure, though, that you send a 0 to the toggle first so that it doesn’t end up working backwards.

May 17, 2011 | 1:16 am

The key that i am pressing is the Red drum pad which has a route number 50, when i press the pad down the value is 128 and when released its value is 0 so if i was using the select tool where would i implement this into my patch?

Thankyou for your response.

May 17, 2011 | 1:22 am

Are you sure it’s 128 and not 127? If it’s 128, this will bang the 1 message when the pad is pressed.

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

May 17, 2011 | 1:32 am

ahh thankyou, it worked outside my patch so i will now put it in.
Thankyou very much for your help.

October 31, 2011 | 9:57 pm

Hi, sorry for the bump. H_Jord_H, I’m looking into doing something very similar for a Uni project – can I ask how you connected the GH Drums to the computer? Is it Bluetooth? I got a MIDI to USB cable, but it turns out the socket on the kit is an input, so that’s a dead end.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)