Hard Sync with Gen Saw Example

May 23, 2013 at 8:09am

Hard Sync with Gen Saw Example

I’ve got hard sync working with the gen~ blit saw. I notice that there’s pulse when moving from harmonic to harmonic with the fundamental vs the sync signal. Any thoughts on how to smooth this out?

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

May 27, 2013 at 4:02am

hi peter

great

please explain more.

May 27, 2013 at 10:27am

There’s a swell in amplitude as it locks into the next harmonic. It seems logical, but undesirable, and I’m trying to figure out if I can lessen this characteristic when sweeping the slave frequency.

May 31, 2013 at 8:41am

Hi Peter,
unfortunately I don’t read very well genexpr and I find difficult to help you with the code, but I’m studying blit and hardsync.
My solution starts from the consideration that in hardsync we have a series of complete and sliced waves: my idea is that the sliced one can be interpreted like a wave with higher frequency and lower amplitude.
To create a smooth transition between harmonics I use a linear interpolation between two blits with differents harmonic contents, as found on the bottom of this useful tutorial:

http://www.nireaktor.com/reaktor-tutorials/bandwidth-limited-sawtooth-oscillator-in-reaktor/

Mine isn’t a real solution, it is more a fake simulation of hardsync, but gives decent results even with bleps and sinusoids.
I hope it can be helpful

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:35pm

Thanks, this is really helpful!

Man, my hard-sync algorithm doesn’t look great against saw~…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.