Forums > Jitter

hello, want to make a visualizations similar to itunes??????

January 31, 2008 | 7:46 pm

Been set the task of a major project for uni. I am making an album of music and was intending on making videos on Flash to accompany these songs, but recently got thinking about making a visuals program instead. I have looked at the object called Flash Server and it sounds interesting!!!

I was thinking i could analysis my audio in max/msp and send data to flash to make constantly changing visuals with some use of action script and animation. Does this sound viable??? Does anyone know what direction i should go.

Or should i not bother and use jitter to perform this task. (By the way i have know no idea of what jitter really does)

If any one can help, please do as i greatly need it. Thanks.


January 31, 2008 | 8:13 pm

Yeah,

Use jitter. Everything you need to get started here:

http://www.cycling74.com/download/jitter163doc.zip

-e

On Jan 31, 2008 2:46 PM, Stuart Spencer wrote:

>
> Been set the task of a major project for uni. I am making an album of
> music and was intending on making videos on Flash to accompany these songs,
> but recently got thinking about making a visuals program instead. I have
> looked at the object called Flash Server and it sounds interesting!!!
>
> I was thinking i could analysis my audio in max/msp and send data to flash
> to make constantly changing visuals with some use of action script and
> animation. Does this sound viable??? Does anyone know what direction i
> should go.
>
> Or should i not bother and use jitter to perform this task. (By the way i
> have know no idea of what jitter really does)
>
> If any one can help, please do as i greatly need it. Thanks.
>
>
>


January 31, 2008 | 9:59 pm

And have a look at maxtunes1.pat & maxtunes2.pat examples patches.


January 31, 2008 | 10:14 pm

Where are these?

On 1/31/08 4:59 PM, "Derrick Giscloux" wrote:

>
> And have a look at maxtunes1.pat & maxtunes2.pat examples patches.

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


January 31, 2008 | 10:40 pm

On 31 janv. 08, at 23:14, Gary Lee Nelson wrote:

> Where are these?

In the jitter-examples folder:

./examples/jitter-examples/audio/jit.poke~-maxtunes.pat
./examples/jitter-examples/audio/jit.poke~-maxtunes2.pat

Cheers,
ej


February 1, 2008 | 12:56 am

Thanks. Found them but for some reason "maxtunes" doesn’t come up when I
search.

On 1/31/08 5:40 PM, "Emmanuel Jourdan" wrote:

> On 31 janv. 08, at 23:14, Gary Lee Nelson wrote:
>
>> Where are these?
>
>
> In the jitter-examples folder:
>
> ./examples/jitter-examples/audio/jit.poke~-maxtunes.pat
> ./examples/jitter-examples/audio/jit.poke~-maxtunes2.pat
>
> Cheers,
> ej
>
>

Cheers
Gary Lee Nelson
Oberlin College
http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/GaryLeeNelson


February 1, 2008 | 9:28 am

moving this topic to the jitter forum, mailing listers please reply to the jitter list


February 1, 2008 | 11:23 am

Thanks for the advise, but my demo period has run out so i can’t look at the examples yet. I have rough idea in my head of what probably can be done from the product description on this site.So if any one could write a brief statement on what kinda thing i could do in jitter to make cool visuals that would be really good, as i will obviously have to pay money to find out myself.

Also i really love using flash so can i bring flash files into Jitter.

Thanks :)/-=


February 1, 2008 | 11:45 am

I don’t know about flash files in Jitter but I have done a lot of work using
Flash Server to communicate between Max and Flash. Max handled the sound
whilst Flash drew the visuals.

Yours

Tom

On 01/02/2008, Stuart Spencer wrote:
>
>
> Thanks for the advise, but my demo period has run out so i can’t look at
> the examples yet. I have rough idea in my head of what probably can be done
> from the product description on this site.So if any one could write a
> brief statement on what kinda thing i could do in jitter to make cool
> visuals that would be really good, as i will obviously have to pay money to
> find out myself.
>
> Also i really love using flash so can i bring flash files into Jitter.
>
> Thanks :)/-=
>


February 1, 2008 | 11:46 am


February 7, 2008 | 1:43 am

if you have access to ‘motion’ software, that is great too

On Jan 31, 2008 8:46 PM, Stuart Spencer wrote:
>
> Been set the task of a major project for uni. I am making an album of music and was intending on making videos on Flash to accompany these songs, but recently got thinking about making a visuals program instead. I have looked at the object called Flash Server and it sounds interesting!!!
>
> I was thinking i could analysis my audio in max/msp and send data to flash to make constantly changing visuals with some use of action script and animation. Does this sound viable??? Does anyone know what direction i should go.
>
> Or should i not bother and use jitter to perform this task. (By the way i have know no idea of what jitter really does)
>
> If any one can help, please do as i greatly need it. Thanks.
>
>
>


Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)